- The mutant strain can be eliminated. Safely and irreversibly. There is such a thing as a second chance.
Appearing in "Gifted" (Part 2)
- Ord's Hired Armed Men
- Walter Langford (First appearance)
- Officer Hoyt (On-screen)
- Tildie Soames' parents (On-screen)
- Xavier Institute students
- New York State
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Gifted" (Part 2)
Dr. Kavita Rao promotes a cure at a press conference which she claims would safely and irreversibly eliminate the mutant strain. The X-Men handle a hostage situation led by Ord. While Shadowcat phases many of the hostages to safety, the rest of the team charges in and attacks Ord and his mercenaries. However, Ord and his men are prepared for the attack, and Ord hold his own against five X-Men. However, Lockheed surprises Ord by attacking him with a blast of fire to the face and knocking him out of the window of the building. The X-Men make peace with news reporter and Beast first hears about the "cure".
At the Xavier Institute, many of the students have mixed feelings about the announcement. Emma Frost and Logan think that the government would use this cure as an excuse to horde up the mutants and execute them. After the rest of the team leaves, Emma Frost tells Kitty that she is here because Emma requested her to re-join the team. Emma explains that she needs someone on the team she has not really fought alongside to watch her if she leads the team astray. Kitty replies that she still views Emma as the embodiment of evil, saying, "I don't have to 'watch you', Miss Frost. I can smell you."
Beast infiltrates BeneTech Laboratories and asks Dr. Rao if he can have a sample of the cure to see if it actually works and is not just a hoax.
- The Gifted story arc was adapted in a motion comic mini-series comprised of 6 episodes called Astonishing X-Men: Gifted. The mini-series was created by Marvel Knights Animation and released on iTunes in October 27, 2009, and by Shout! Factory on DVD in September 28, 2010.
|Like this? Let us know!|