Welcome to the Atlantis Disambiguation project!
This page is to be used in the help of the disambiguation of Atlantis.
Over the next few weeks, the page Atlantis will become a disambiguation page. As it currently stands, the page includes (essentially) every instance of "Atlantis" in all of Marvel. This does not do service to the fact that there have been several locations that bore the name of Atlantis.
If you'd like to suggest changes, discuss, or find out more, please use the Talk page.
This is the proposed breakdown for the disambiguation:
- Atlantis (Empire) - Location template; before homo mermanus lived there (e.g. Kull (Earth-616)'s stories). This would also be the Atlantis established Pangea. Current Atlantis history up to and including Great Caclysm.
- Atlantis (Nation) - Organization; the "Kingdom of Atlantis" of homo mermanus. Different from the physical locations of the city-state.
- Atlantis (Kamuu) - Location; first city ever established by homo mermanus on ruins of original Atlantis. Founded by Kamuu (Atlantean) (Earth-616). AKA "City of Kamuu."
- Tha-Korr - Location; this was the Atlantis we saw in comics in the 40s. Most (but not all) appearances done. Used as homeland again starting at Namor the Sub-Mariner Vol 1 15 but this was dropped later on. Apparently. ARGH.
- Atlantis (Pacific) - Locaton; seen in Namor Vol 1.
- Atlantis (Byrrah) - Location; founded by Byrrah following destruction of Tha-Korr; first seen in Fantastic Four Annual Vol 1 1 but destroyed in Tales to Astonish Vol 1 98. Mostly unseen because it's the Atlantis from 1958 until "10 years ago" on the sliding timescale.
- Atlantis (Modern) - Location; established by Namor in Sub-Mariner Vol 1 7. The one we are most familiar with and the "go to" Atlantis for most modern stories.
- Maritanis - Location; an existing outpost of Atlantis that became "New Atlantis" for some after Atlantis Rising.
- Oceanus (Atlantis) - Location; first appeared in Agents of Atlas Vol 2 6.
- New Atlantis (Atlantean Pillar) - Location; when the Atlanteans lived underneath Utopia. Page may be re-named.
|Period Beginning||Period Ending||Location||Status|
|-||End of Hyborian Era||Atlantis (Empire)||Not yet done|
|"8,000 years ag0"||Late 1800s||Atlantis (Kamuu)||Not yet done|
|Late 1800s||1920s||Tha-Korr||Done (except for flashbacks and reprints)|
|1920s||1930s||Atlantis (Pacific)||Done (except for flashbacks and reprints)
(really only Namor Vol 1)
|1930s||1958/9||Tha-Korr||Done (except for flashbacks and reprints)|
|1960||Atlantis (Byrrah)||Not yet done
First: Fantastic Four Annual Vol 1 1
|Ongoing and recurring.
(Atlantis most commonly depicted.)
|Not yet done|
(Atlantis from Heroes Reborn)
|Not yet done|
(Note: Maritanis existed before this time but as an Atlantean outpost)
|Mostly (completely?) done|
|Oceanus (Atlantis)|| Done? |
Only a few known appearances
|New Atlantis (Atlantean Pillar)||Done|
Other 616 Atlantises
"Other" Atlantises that are not directly tied to the one most commonly known are:
- Atlantis from Amazing Adventures Vol 1 2. Proposed name: Atlantis (Hidden Mountain)
- Atlantis from Tuk's adventures (e.g. Captain America Comics Vol 1 3). Set in "50,000 BC." Proposed name: Atlantis (50,000 BC)
- Please note that sometimes an outpost of Atlantis (Nation) is mistakenly identified as "Atlantis" proper. For example, in Namor's return in Fantastic Four Vol 1 4, he visited "Atlantis" but this was later revealed to be a colony/outpost near New York.
- For a known list of colonies and outposts see Category:Colonies and Outposts of Atlantis.
Other Reality Atlantises
Atlantis as depicted in alternate realities will require a bit more attention to determine which of the above locations might apply.
Beinge one of the more fully developed alternate realities, there are a few Atlantises:
- New Atlantis from Ravage 2099 Vol 1 5; non-homo mermanus aquatic people. Proposed name: New Atlantis (???)
- "New Atlantis Project" from Spider-Man 2099 Vol 1 43. Proposed name: New Atlantis Project
- Atlantis from Earth-928. Appearances to be added to Atlantis (Modern) in Alternate Realities category.
These should be listed in Atlantis (Modern).
Not that some of these tasks may overlap as multiple users may be contributing to this effort.
- Create the draft disambiguation page. Done: July 28, 2016
- Create the new pages and categories. Done: July 28, 2016
Appearances & Mentions
Edit appearances and mentions of “Atlantis” to new pages (based on table above).
Edit images of “Atlantis” to new pages (based on table above).
Build content for each of the new pages.
Convert Atlantis to a disambiguation page (see draft content below).
How You Can Help
If you see an appearance (or mention, or image) of Atlantis, use the table above to update its entry.
Draft Disambiguation Page
Dubbed "New Atlantis" by some residents