- Let whoever's left come! Send them all! It won't be enough! I am power incarnate! I am the only savior humanity needs! I... am... Regent!
- -- Regent src
Believing that super-humans and their powers should be contained and controlled, Roman created a prison known as The Cellar, located on Ryker's Island. On the surface, The Cellar appeared to be nothing more than a holding facility, when in reality its super-powered inmates were restrained inhumanly, and had their powers replicated into a special suit designed for Roman.
After absorbing the powers of enough supervillains, Roman decided to set his sights on bigger targets, capturing and absorbing the powers of The Avengers, as well as heroes such as Hyperion, Iceman, and Quicksilver. This led him into battle with Iron Man and Spider-Man, quickly ending with the heroes' defeat. Mary Jane then donned the Iron Spider armor to rescue the two heroes, providing a distraction that enable the heroes to escape.
While Regent battled Iron Man and Iron Spider, he and the heroes, except Iron Man, felt like they had already fought each other. Spider-Man and the other Spider-Man freed Regent's prisoners and were able to defeat him. Upon his defeat, Regent was incarcerated at the Cellar where different heroes took turns watching over him.
- Power Mimicry: Roman is able to copy the skills and powers of every individual within a certain range of his armor and tap into the powers of anyone placed within his stasis technology.
- Roman's family died in the fight between the Avengers and the Masters of Evil depicted in Avengers #277.
- The Deja Vu scene in Amazing Spider-Man Vol 4 #15 is a reference to the battle between Spider-Man, Mary Jane and their daughter against Regent.
- 7 Appearances of Augustus Roman (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Augustus Roman (Earth-616)
- Media Augustus Roman (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 8 Images featuring Augustus Roman (Earth-616)
- 3 Quotations by or about Augustus Roman (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Augustus Roman (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|