An agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Lightwave was considered a traitor, due to mind control by rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Buzz Mason. Mason induced Lightwave to steal assorted devices to create a "quantum enhancer" which would increase her powers 1,000 times. With such power, Lightwave would be able to control the GuardStar satellite which orbits the Earth and controlled all defense systems and communications systems for the United States. Mason expects world conquest since he controls Lightwave.
Iceman, Firestar, and Spider-Man attempt to stop Lightwave. However, she was powerful enough to defeat them. Aboard a space vessel, Buzz Mason forces Iceman into outer space, dooming Iceman if he remained there for long. Spider-Man convinced Lightwave to realize that the half-brother she loved was in mortal danger. Her reaction broke Mason's control over her, and she saved Iceman and disables Mason long enough for Spider-Man to subdue him.
Presumably, with Mason's role realized, S.H.I.E.L.D. restored Lightwave's good standing. Her fate is unknown.
Light Manipulation: Lightwave can manipulate and control light. Her other light-based powers include a powerful laser blast and a photon force field. She can also transform herself into light; in such a form, she is able to exist in the vacuum of outer space.
- Voiced by Marlene Aragon.
- Lightwave's only appearance was in "Mission: Save the Guardstar", the final episode of the 1980's cartoon. Bobby Drake explained his heretofore unknown sister as merely a half-sister; they share the same mother.
- 1 Appearances of Aurora Dante (Earth-8107)
- Minor Appearances of Aurora Dante (Earth-8107)
- Media Aurora Dante (Earth-8107) was Mentioned in
- 10 Images featuring Aurora Dante (Earth-8107)
- Quotations by or about Aurora Dante (Earth-8107)
- Character Gallery: Aurora Dante (Earth-8107)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|