- I am Ultron-6, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfill that imperative, for the extinction of humanity begins now.
- -- Ultron-6
Appearing in "The Ultron Imperative"
- Russian Sailors
- Chinese Soldiers
- American Soldiers
- Iron Man Armor
- Russian Nuclear Submarine
- Stealth Bomber
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
Synopsis for "The Ultron Imperative"
Ultron -6 takes control of military satellite networks and nuclear arsenals across the globe, then grimly announces that the extinction of humanity has begun. The Avengers were only barely able to defeat it the last time and both Thor and Captain America are out of the picture. Stark and Pym, unaware, continue to angst over how Ultron turned evil as they destroy every last robot remaining. This doesn't last for long once it starts taking over the Mansion computer systems and all of Stark's various Iron Man armors. While they are kept busy, another Ultron robot attacks the Helicarrier's bridge and begins scanning Director Hill's brain for the access codes to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s arsenal of nuclear missiles.
Meanwhile, Thor is actually very much alive, having been saved by the Enchantress at the last moment. She has taken him to a paradise world where they can be together forever but Thor quickly remembers his obligation to his team mates and the people of Earth, and demands to be sent back. The Enchantress complies, bitterly. Iron Man in his Mk. I armor, the Avengers are able to hold off the other armors being controlled by Ultron and assault the Helicarrier. Hulk is taken out of the fight very quickly when Ultron is somehow able to change him back to his human form. It then accesses the S.H.I.E.L.D. computers and prepares to eliminate all of humanity.
The Avengers continue to attack Ultron but its shields are too powerful. Just when it seems like the end is inevitable, Thor shows up with Hawkeye and Black Panther to even the odds. While the team keeps the robot distracted, Iron Man and Hill try to regain access to the S.H.I.E.L.D. computer systems and abort the missiles. Unfortunately this proves impossible as Ultron has locked them out. Ant Man ultimately comes through with a logic trap that disables the Ultron AI and saves the world with only a moment to spare. Thor still has his concerns, though. The Enchantress told him that sending him back to Midgard was a fate worse than death, which can only mean that another, bigger crisis is looming on the horizon.
- Ultron reveals Maria Hill's middle name as Christina.
- When Thor breaks into the Helicarrier and smashes Ultron, he says "Ultron, we would have words with thee." A semi-classic (and highly favorite) line from Avengers Vol 3 #22.
- Discuss "The Ultron Imperative" on the forums
- Gallery for the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Animated Series) series
Links and References