- Shut up. It may be a cliché. But that's because it's true. We're supposed to be better than them. We hold ourselves to a higger standar. You think doing this makes you tough? Proactive? You're not heroes. You're bullies. Criminals. And you have no place in the Avengers. Pack your things and get out. You're expelled from Avengers Academy.
- -- Tigra
Appearing in "Powerless"
- Avengers Academy
- Jocasta (Mentioned)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
- X-Men (Mentioned)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Mentioned)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Janet Grant (Mentioned)
- Justice (Vance Astrovik) (Mentioned)
- Whirlwind (David Cannon) (Mentioned)
- Norman Osborn (Mentioned)
- man impersonating Hood (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Foggy Nelson (Mentioned)
- Hydra (Mentioned)
- Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) (Mentioned)
- John Gotti (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Living Laser (Arthur Parks) (Mentioned)
- Trish Tilby
- Janet van Dyne (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Infinite Avengers Mansion
- Hell (Invoked)
Synopsis for "Powerless"
The students of Avengers Academy find a video of Tigra being badly beaten by the Hood on the internet in the World Communications Room. When Tigra walks in on them, she immediately tells them to turn it off. After calling a meeting between the students and Dr. Pym, she explains what happened to the students. She informs them that the adults will handle the situation and that they need no longer concern themselves with the video or the Hood.
Finesse continues to look into the Hood, and finds that he is no longer in prison as he should be. Instead of telling Tigra, Hazmat, Veil, and Striker go to tape a confrontation between themselves and a depowered Hood. In the meantime, Tigra and Giant-Man find the video's distributor, the Slug, in his hideout and arrest him. Later, she wakes up after a nightmare and decides something must be done to deal with her past with the Hood.
Back in the battle between the students and the depowered Hood, Striker delivers a final blow to the Hood, causing him to apologize on tape. The Hood’s armed cousin runs in, spooking the kids away. The Hood vows revenge on the Avengers and says he will save the Academy students for last.
The next night, Giant-Man shows all the students an interview with Tigra speaking about her experiences and learning to work through her past suffering. Striker excitedly responds with the video Veil took of them beating the Hood. Tigra is outraged, telling them they are expelled.
- Takes place prior to the events of Avengers Vol 4 #7.
|Like this? Let us know!|