- Mister "Frend", I don't know about your God -- but a God of Love is Mine!
- -- Captain America (Steve Rogers), as he tosses hate mail into the fire
Appearing in "Your Young Men Shall Slay Visions!"
- The Living Bombs (First appearance) (Disbands)
- Gog (Referenced)
- Numerous unnamed New Yorkers
- Daily Bugle (Mentioned)
- CBC News
- Milke Williams (First appearance)
- Aristotle Onassis (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Jackie Kennedy (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- John Lennon (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Reed Richards (Mentioned)
- Sue Storm (Mentioned)
- Carly Simon (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- James Taylor (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) (Mentioned)
- Ant-Man (Hank Pym) (Mentioned)
- Janet van Dyne (Mentioned)
- Edwin Jarvis (Mentioned)
- Devil (Invoked)
- Lord Jehova (Yahweh) (Named only)
- Tommy (Mentioned)
- Adolf Hitler (Mentioned)
- Swordsman (Shadow only)
Races and Species:
- Androids (Referenced)
- Crows (Invoked)
- Mutants (Mentioned)
- Robots (Mentioned)
- Sardines (Mentioned)
- Bees (Mentioned)
- Iron Man Armor Model 3
- Scarlet Witch's Suit
- Captain America's Uniform and Shield
- Panther Habit
Synopsis for "Your Young Men Shall Slay Visions!"
After making repairs to the Statue of Liberty, a spectator is upset by the image of the Scarlet Witch (a mutant) and the Vision (an android) sharing a loving embrace. As this development gets media coverage, the Avengers begin getting hate mail as well. Meanwhile, the man who watched the spectacle has organized a group of like-minded people who think that romance between a mutant and an android is an insult to god, band together and become The Living Bombs, a group of extremists strapped with bombs that are set off by detonators on the top of their helmets.
Later, the Avengers make short work of a bunch of thugs terrorizing a neighborhood. After the battle, one of the members of the Living Bombs manages to get close to the Vision and detonate her bomb, seriously injuring the android. The Avengers take him to Stark Industries, where Tony Stark attempts to heal him. The Living Bombs learn of this and attack the Stark Industries building in hopes of destroying the Vision, however, they are opposed by the Avengers. The Avengers manage to stop the Living Bombs from destroying the Vision, however, all the members end up blowing themselves up when caught in a tornado created by Thor.
After the battle's climax, Tony Stark informs the Avengers that the Vision will pull through, much to the relief of his comrades. Wanda, however, is angry that everyone seems to be against her romance with the Vision and storms out.
- During a brief encounter between Don Blake and Tony Stark, they reveal that they have figured out each other's secret identities.
- This issue contains a letters page, Avengers Assemble!. Letters are published from Chuck Valukas, Mike Goodman, and Howard L. Davis.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#1430-Z.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 113 on the forums
- 1 Image(s) from Avengers Vol 1 113
- 2 Reprints of Avengers Vol 1 113
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|