- ...But the Swordsman's going to surprise them all!
- -- Swordsman
Appearing in "Bid Tomorrow Goodbye!"
- His Macrobots
Synopsis for "Bid Tomorrow Goodbye!"
Kang has appeared before Avengers Mansion seeking out the woman who would known as the Celestial Madonna, hoping to sire an heir with her. Only knowing that one of the women that are presently living in Avengers Mansion is to become the Celestial Madonna, Kang attacks the team and easily defeats them all with the help of his Macrobots. Kang then takes all the Avengers save the Swordsman who Kang finds a laughable weakling to be left behind.
Swordsman is then contacted by Agatha Harkness through mystical means, Agatha informs Swordsman that Kang has taken to them to a hidden base located in a pyramid in Egypt. Taking a Quinjet there, Swordsman has to fight off the Egyptian military to gain passage to the pyramid (one of Kang's former bases when he once acted as the pharaoh Rama-Tut) There, Swordsman unleashed the ancient vampire Amen-Hotep and has to fight the beast off.
Eventually, Swordsman manages to find an entrance to the main control room where he overhears Kang planning on putting the unconscious male Avengers into Macrobot shells to use as weapons to take over the world. Before Swordsman can attack, he is stopped by Rama-Tut, Kang's past counterpart... This story is continued in Giant-Size Avengers #2...
- This issue contains a letters page, Avengers Assemble!. Letters are published from Naomi Basner, Alan Rothman, Bob Jones, and Michael Verderosa
- This issue contains a Series "A" Marvel Value Stamp: #88 - The Leader.
The Vision is seen on the cover fired some kind of energy blast from his right hand...an ability that he does not possess. Customarily, he unleashes solar heat from the gem on his forehead or from his eyes.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 129 on the forums
- 1 Images from Avengers Vol 1 129
- 2 Reprints of Avengers Vol 1 129
Links and References
- The Unoffical Marvel Value Stamps Site 
|Like this? Let us know!|