Appearing in "Stranger in a Strange Man!"
- Beast (Avengers applicant)
- Moondragon (Avengers applicant)
- Sam Reuther
- Stranger (Only in flashback)
- Magneto (Only in flashback)
- Quicksilver (Only in flashback)
- Arkon (Only in flashback)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Stranger in a Strange Man!"
Continued from last issue.. The Wasp is rushed to the hospital following an attack on the group by the Stranger who had come seeking the Scarlet Witch. Wanting revenge, Yellowjacket takes a team of Avengers to try and find the Stranger before he can attack again, or find the location of Vision and the Scarlet Witch who are off on a honeymoon.
Taking the fight to the Stranger, the group finds the Stranger's inconsistent abilities a mystery until their final confrontation aboard the Strangers ship where, thanks to the Beasts ingenuity, is revealed not to be the Stranger at all, but the Toad in disguise. Easily defeating the Toad, the Avengers learn that following Toad's last encounter with the Avengers, he traveled back to the Strangers world and stole technology in order to get back at the Scarlet Witch for turning down his advances and never being interested in him.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- The images on this cover (minus Moondragon) were used for one of the Avengers 1977 7-11 slurpee cups.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 138 on the forums
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 138
|Like this? Let us know!|