- "Tis of little import how long one lives -- how well is what really matters, Especially with mortals with lives as fleeting as a wink in the eye of a god!
- -- Hercules
Appearing in "Threshold of Oblivion!"
- Nick Fury
- Carina Walters
- Vance Astrovik
- Django Maximoff (Unidentified)
- New York
- Blue Area of the Moon
- Boeing 747
Synopsis for "Threshold of Oblivion!"
Iron Man recruits Captain Marvel, the Black Panther, Whizzer, Hercules, and the Black Widow. However, his ability to solve the mystery of their other vanished comrades is greatly hampered by the Avengers' loss of their special privileges. Elsewhere, the man called Michael uses his godlike abilities to ascertain that none of the great universal powers are as yet unaware of his existence, though discovering that his own mate may be plotting betrayal. Back at the Mansion, more Avengers vanish, until only Iron Man, Hawkeye, the Wasp, and Thor remain. From space, Major Astro is able to trace a radiation trail to a small orbiting craft. Teleporting the foursome there, they come face-to-face with their old foe, the Collector.
- Plot by Shooter, script by Michelinie.
- Inkers for this issue are credited as "D. Hands". Inks (story pages): Marcos pages 1, 6, 19, Mortimer pages 2 and 3, McLeod pages 4, 21, 23, Rubinstein pages 7, 10, 14, Green pages 11 and 20, Bryant pages 13 and 27, Janson pages 28 and 29.
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Kawecki pages 2-17.
- This issue contains a letters page, Avengers Assemble". Letters are published from Wayne Jones, Ken Walsh, and Meredith Ellen Robbins.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story # C-803.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- There is a subtle reference to Doctor Who in this issue. The Collector is identified in an orbiting object about the size of a phone booth, with an impossibly large interior, much like the TARDIS used by the Doctor.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 173 on the forums
- 1 Images from Avengers Vol 1 173
- 2 Reprints of Avengers Vol 1 173
|Like this? Let us know!|