Appearing in "Captives of the Collector!"
- Iron Man (Tony Stark)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers)
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
- Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
- Wasp (Janet van Dyne)
- Black Panther (T'Challa)
- Moondragon (Heather Douglas)
- Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
- Two-Gun Kid (Matt Liebowicz)
- Odin (Invoked)
- Hela (Invoked)
- Robin Hood (Referenced)
- En Dwi Gast (Mentioned)
- Matani (Only in flashback) (First appearance)
- Thanos (Only in flashback)
- Noah (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Cosmic Beings
- Human-Olympian Hybrids
- Titanians (Main story and flashback)
- Iron Man Armor MK IV
- Hawkeye's Suit
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Trick Arrows
- Wasp's Suit
- Bio-Synthetic Wings
- Scarlet Witch's Suit
- Quicksilver's Suit
- Captain Marvel's Suit
- Vandarian Power Wand
- Power Cosmic (Mentioned)
- Black Widow's Gauntlets
- Black Widow's Suit
- Panther Habit
- Yellowjacket's Suit
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
Synopsis for "Captives of the Collector!"
The four remaining uncaptured Avengers have tracked the mysterious abductor to his base. With his vast collection of alien weapons to draw upon, the Collector downs first Iron Man, then Thor, and then the Wasp. Hawkeye courageously fights on alone, evading all of the Collector's traps and devices. But when his devices fail, the Collector unleashes his own long-unused cosmic power against the archer. Hawkeye nevertheless manages to strike his opponent with an electro-arrow, however, and the aged immortal admits defeat.
Thor is revived with a bucket of water in the face. He awakens to find that all the captured Avengers have been freed. The defeated Collector relates how he began his acquisition of specimens eons ago, in order to preserve them against the coming threat of Thanos, then foresaw an even greater menace, whom he sent his daughter to spy upon.
At that very moment, Carina, the Collector's daughter, having fallen in love with Michael, betrays her father. Suddenly, a bolt of energy strikes the Collector, disintegrating him before the Avengers' very eyes.
- Plot by Shooter, script by Mantlo.
- Wenzel is credited as Dave Wenzel.
- The Beast is erroneously depicted on the cover as one of the Collector's captives. In fact, he is not involved with this adventure and does not appear at all in this issue.
- This is the first indication that the Collector has the power cosmic and is the brother of the Grandmaster.
- This issue contains a letters page, Avengers Assemble. Letters are published from Joseph Innacone, Bruce Cansell, and Tim Kretzer.
- As seen on page one, This Story# is C867.
- This issue contains an advert for Hostess Fruit Pies featuring Spider-Man Vs. Home Wrecker.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 174 on the forums
- 1 Images from Avengers Vol 1 174
- 5 Reprints of Avengers Vol 1 174
|Like this? Let us know!|