Appearing in "Honor Thy Father"
- Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
- Wonder Man (Simon Williams)
- Yellowjacket (Henry Pym)
- Henry Peter Gyrich
- Django Maximoff (First named appearance)
- Toad (Mortimer Toynbee) (Illusion)
- Princess Python (Zelda DuBois) (Illusion)
- Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond) (Illusion)
- Gordy (First appearance)
- Mr. Doll (Nathan Dolly) (Only in flashback)
- Marya Maximoff (Only in flashback) (First appearance)
Races and Species:
- North America
- Europe (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Honor Thy Father"
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's bodies are lifeless yet not dead, and Doctor Blake hypothesizes it is because their souls have been stolen. The Avengers can find no cause for this state, but Jocasta says she detected an energy signature when it happened, and has traced it to an area of the city called the Bowery! Wonder Man stays to mind the computers and the rest of the Avengers' head for the Bowery.
In the Bowery a strange scene unfolds - small wooden dolls painted to look like Wanda and Pietro are housed in bird cages, yet they are animate! Here is where the Avengers souls now dwell! The white-bearded man calls them his children, but they deny it - their parents were Whizzer and Miss America they say - but the old man claims that he, Django Maximoff, is their father! Django tells them about their childhood, how they were separated, and how he at last heard they still lived. But as his tale ends, he senses the approach of the Avengers!
Django uses his shamanic powers to animate some mannequins, but the Avengers destroy those easily. They enter the building Django is in, and he starts chanting again and creates a powerful illusion in the room he was occupying. And in this fantasy world he conjures three illusions - Toad, Princess Python, and Nighthawk! The Avengers spring into action, but nothing they do seems to stop their foes. Suddenly, from below, someone tells them to 'keep it down up there', and they realize it is merely an illusion. They disbelieve, and Django, realizing the jig is up, runs out of the door with Wanda and Pietro.
Vision turns insubstantial and beats him outside. Wanda tells Vision to destroy the stone, and upon blasting it, the wooden dolls fall lifeless!
Back in the mansion, Wanda and Pietro are returned to their bodies. But they decide to accompany Django back to Europe to see what evidence exists to support his story. The excitement is over, our heroes can finally relax...
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Albers pages 2-17.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 182 on the forums
- 3 Images from Avengers Vol 1 182
- 3 Reprints of Avengers Vol 1 182
|Like this? Let us know!|