Appearing in "The Evil Reborn"
- Edwin Jarvis
- Stark Industries
- Uncle Elmer
- Lance (First appearance)
- Ultron's robot
- Marcus Immortus (Mentioned)
- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Mentioned)
- Ultron (Mentioned)
- Cross Technological Enterprises (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- United States
- Tokyo (Mentioned)
- Iron Man Armor Model 4
- Captain America's Uniform and Shield
- Scarlet Witch's Suit
- Yellowjacket's Suit
- Hawkeye's Suit, Bow and Trick Arrows
- Wasp's Suit
- WGLV Helicopter
- Avengers Quinjet
Synopsis for "The Evil Reborn"
The Avengers and a crew from Stark International repair the mansion, which was heavily damaged in the battle last issue. Once the work is complete, the team members head their separate ways.
Hank and Jan Pym return home prior to Hank leaving for a conference in Tokyo.
Captain America invites Hawkeye to stick around the team for a short while, an invitation that Hawkeye eagerly accepts.
Tony Stark returns to his offices and is at Stark International. He is informed of a theft of certain chemicals from their labs. His secretary, Ms. Arbogast, notes his suddenly alarmed behavior.
The Beast accompanies Wonder Man to a TV Studio for a live recording of the Uncle Elmer Show. After an on-air mishap humiliates “Uncle Elmer”, Simon is fired from his role as Mr. Muscles.
After Hank leaves for his conference, Jan is woken in the middle of the night by a noise from Hank's lab. Upon investigating, she finds that a robot has broken in and is stealing canisters marked Ad Resin X and Ad Resin Y. The robot attacks her and she vanishes.
At Stark International, Tony is convinced he knows who has stolen components from the chemical research division and constructs a device, the use of which he fears may cost him his life.
This story continues in the next issue.
Appearing in "Bully!"
- Abigail Jarvis (First appearance)
- Mr. Perkins
- Various neighbors
- Unnamed taxi driver
- Royal Air Force (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- New York City
Synopsis for "Bully!"
On a rare day off from Avengers duties, Jarvis pays his mother a visit in queens. He finds her in a tearful state. She had been on her way back from the store when a local bully named Bruiser knocked her down (breaking all the eggs she bought) and stealing her purse. What’s more, Bruiser has been victimizing numerous folks in the neighborhood for several weeks.
Much to his mother’s distress, Jarvis tracks down Bruiser and confronts him, demanding he repays her. Bruiser squashes a watermelon in his face and saunters away. Several people on the block sympathize with Jarvis and his mother and even ask if he can get the Avengers to intervene. Jarvis instead states that they must handle their own problems and encourages the community to stand up to Bruiser… something they are all too timid to do.
Undaunted, Jarvis again tracks down Bruiser and challenges to a fist-fight. Bruiser assumes he’ll trounce the older Jarvis, but the Avengers’ butler proves to be a tougher opponent than he looks. Inspired by Jarvis standing up for himself, the locals all rally around him and attack Bruiser, driving him off in humiliation.
The neighbors all treat Jarvis as a hero in his own right and his mother promises to cook up a big batch of rice pudding in celebration!
- Ad Resin X and Ad Resin Y are revealed to be additives that form adamantium.
- Another new costume for the Wasp, but it's quickly ruined in battle.
- It's unclear why Ultron sends a robot to raid Hank's lab, as he has already raided it himself at least once (#161). Of course, the real reason is to hide the revelation that Ultron is the villain of this story until the next issue, but it is out of character for Ultron to send a non-sentient robot to do his work which he normally has no issue doing himself. The robot simply disappears after its appearance here, not even showing up in the battle in the next issue.
- In his first (and only?) solo adventure, Jarvis's first name is revealed to be Edwin.
- This issue also contains an advert for Hostess Twinkies featuring Mister Fantastic vs. Impercepto.
|Like this? Let us know!|