Appearing in "Meltdowns and Mayhem"
- Rhino (Aleksei Sytsevich)
- Electro (Maxwell Dillon)
- Blackout (Marcus Daniels)
- Moonstone (Karla Sofen)
- Lava Men (Main story and recap)
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) (Referenced)
- The Vision (Mentioned)
- National Security Council (On-screen)
- President Ronald Reagan (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Captain Marvel's Suit
- Spider-Man's Suit and Web-Shooters
- Guardsman Armor
- Wasp's Suit and Bio-Synthetic Wings
- Captain America's Uniform and Shield
- Scarlet Witch's Suit
- Rhino Armor
- Avengers' Quinjet (Referenced)
Synopsis for "Meltdowns and Mayhem"
Having convinced the Lava Men that their battle was the result of a misunderstanding and having seen the subterraneans on their way home, the Avengers offer Spider-Man a position as a member-in-training. Immediately, another emergency threatens, as the four escapees, Moonstone, Blackout, Electro, and the Rhino take over the nuclear research facility. Blackout erects a wall of ebony force which proves impenetrable until the Scarlet Witch's hex power destroys it.
Then, while the Avengers and Spider-Man battle the other three villains, Moonstone sets the reactor core to destruct. Spider-Man's scientific knowledge and Captain Marvel's energy powers combine to shut down the reactor just in time, but Moonstone and Blackout manage to escape. Back at the mansion, Spider-Man is having second thoughts about his prospective membership when the government, citing him as a major security risk, forbids the Avengers to enlist him.
- The Avengers agree to admit Spider-Man into their ranks, but their government liaison, Raymond Sikorsky rejects the decision.
|Like this? Let us know!|