- Say somethin', willya? I hate to fight in silence!
- -- Hawkeye
Appearing in "Four Against the Floodtide!"
- Atlantic Ocean
- United States of America
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Beetle Armor MK I
- Subliminal recall-inducer
- Tidal expaunder
- Attuma's fleet
- Y-Ray Tank
Synopsis for "Four Against the Floodtide!"
Hawkeye remembers how to work the message machine but is attacked by the Beetle before he gets a chance to use it. He defeats the Beetle, reads the message and sets off to help. After locating a beaten Quicksilver, they help defeat Attuma. Captain America sabotages Attuma's controls and the base collides with his wave machine, destroying it. They return to find the Beetle missing and an important message on the computer involving the Wasp.
- Hawkeye, Captain America, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Attuma and the Beetle were all seen last issue in Avengers #26.
- Attuma is next seen in Tales to Astonish #88 where Attuma tries to invade Atlantis with the aid of a robot from a crashed alien vessel.
- The Avengers are all seen again in next issue, Avengers #28.
- Although identified as missing at the end of this issue, readers find out what happened to the Wasp in the next issue of the Avengers.
- Inker Frank Giacoia is credited this issue under the pseudonym "Frankie Ray".
- This issue is reprinted in Marvel Triple Action #21 as well as Essential Avengers #2.
- Mad, Mixed-Up Story by Stan Lee
- Ickie, Insane Illustrations by Don Heck
- Daffy, Dizzy Delineation by Frankie Ray
- Loony, Lampoony Lettering by Artie Simek
- The character "Chet Brinkley" is obviously and homage to the then popular NBC new team of Chet Huntley and Davie Brinkley.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 27 on the forums
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 27
|Like this? Let us know!|