Appearing in "Blitzkrieg in Central Park!"
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) (Only in flashback)
- Magneto (Mentioned)
- Mandarin (Mentioned)
- AIM (Mentioned)
- Odin (Mentioned)
- Zeus (Mentioned)
- Pan (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Asgard (Mentioned)
- Captain America's Uniform
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Trick Arrows
- Adaptoid's Shield, Bow, and Trick Arrows
- Golden Mace
Synopsis for "Blitzkrieg in Central Park!"
The Avengers, including Iron-Man and Thor, assemble in Central Park to attend "Avengers Day", a large celebration held to honor the Avengers' ongoing heroic efforts. Unbeknownst to the heroes, the Super-Adaptoid lurks within the crowd, anticipating a moment to attack them. But he's waiting for the absent Captain America to arrive before he shows himself.
Hercules is asked to be an Avenger and he accepts. After a while, Thor and Iron Man leave but Captain America arrives. The Super-Adaptoid then shows himself and attacks the team. After a long battle, the Adaptoid is beaten when it tries to use all its different powers at once, effectively short-circuiting it.
- This story continues in part from Avengers Annual #1.
- The Super Adaptoid (Earth-616) was last seen in Tales of Suspense #84. His battle with Captain America in that issue led him to attack the Avengers this issue.
- This issue marks the first depiction of "Avengers Day", an annual celebration held in the Marvel Universe's New York City and consisting of a parade and rally in Central Park with the Avengers in attendance. Although supposedly held every year, it is only infrequently depicted in the series and typically involves an attack by supervillains (which begs the question as to why anyone would turn out for such an event if it can be expected that supervillain mayhem always occurs.)
- More previously untold problems with AIM and the Super Adaptoid are revealed in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Vol 2.
- The cover image of Hawkeye is used for his 1975 Series "A" Marvel Value Stamp #28
- Stan Lee Personally Presents And Plishes A Roy Thomas - Don Hack Melee Of Matchless Marvel Magnificence!
- Delineated By The Proud Penpoint Of Vince Colletta
- Lettered By The Fumbling Fingers Of Sam Rosen
- references: Avengers Annual #1, Tales of Suspense #84, Thor #145, and Tales of Suspense #95
- Avengers mansion is now known to be adjacent to Central Park. Why the Wasp drove her car there must only be a tribute to her vanity. Perhaps she wanted to show off her new vehicle to the media.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 45 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from Avengers Vol 1 45
- 3 Reprints of Avengers Vol 1 45
|Like this? Let us know!|