Appearing in "The Black Knight Lives Again!"
- Edwin Jarvis
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Only in flashback)
- Black Knight (Nathan Garrett) (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Black Knight (Dane Whitman)
- Aragorn (not named) (First appearance)
- J.B. Desalvio (First appearance), a gambler
- X-Men (Mentioned)
- Sue Richards (Mentioned)
- King Arthur (Mentioned)
- Mordred (Mentioned)
- Garrett Castle
- Temple of the Promethean Flame
- New York City
Synopsis for "The Black Knight Lives Again!"
Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are held captive by Magneto, but Quicksilver manages to send a distress signal. Hercules continues to search deserted Olympus for clues. Hawkeye, Goliath and the Wasp receive the distress call. Meanwhile, deciding to use his uncle's inventions for good, Dane Whitman becomes the new Black Knight. He goes to the Avengers to help them, but mistaking him for evil, they attack. Dane becomes angry when they do not believe him, so he flies off on his own.
- Dane Whitman becomes the Black Knight in this issue. He will be an ally to the Avengers and eventually become a member in Avengers #71.
- Dane Whitman refers to his horse as "Pegasus" in this issue, but in Avengers #54 his name is given for the first time as Aragorn.
- Stan Lee Propitiously Ponders And Presents A Roy Thomas - George Tuska Saga Of Senses-Staggering Splendor!
- Luxuriously Lettered By: Artie Simek
|Like this? Let us know!|