Appearing in "Death Calls for the Arch-Heroes!"
- Grim Reaper (Eric Williams) (First appearance)
- Wonder Man (Simon Williams) (Only in flashback)
- Baron Zemo (Franz Gruber) (Mentioned)
- Sleeper (Mentioned)
- Fantastic Four (Mentioned)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Inactive Avengers
- United Nations
- T'Chaka (Mentioned)
- Zeus (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Olympus (Mentioned)
- Grim Reaper's Scythe (First appearance)
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Trick Arrows
- Captain America's Shield
- Iron Man Armor MK III
- Grim Reaper's Jet-Equipped Platform (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Death Calls for the Arch-Heroes!"
The Black Panther travels to the Avengers HQ, passes through the security systems and finds the Avengers dead. He is then caught by the bodies by S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Jasper Sitwell and arrested. It is shown that the Avengers were attacked by the Grim Reaper, and put in a special type of coma, that only he can undo. He wishes revenge for the death of his brother: Wonder Man. The Panther breaks free of the police and returns to the Avengers HQ to find the Reaper. They fight and the Black Panther steals the Reaper's coma weapon. He rushes to the hospital, battling policemen, and revives the Avengers. He is then cleared of any charges and joins the team.
- The Black Panther was last seen in Captain America #100 where Captain America had proposed him for membership in the Avengers.
- The Black Panther wore a complete mask in his adventure with Captain America Tales of Suspense #99/Captain America #100, but he now has a cut mask which shows the lower portion of his face.
- Reprinted in Marvel Treasury Edition #7 & Marvel Triple Action #44.
- The Grim Reaper appears next in Avengers #78.
- The flashback scene of Wonder Man's death shows Iron Man in his MK IV armor; however, back then, Iron Man was using MK III.
- References: Captain America #100 and Avengers #9
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 52 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Avengers Vol 1 52
- 5 Reprints of Avengers Vol 1 52
|Like this? Let us know!|