Appearing in "Behold... The Vision!"
- Matilda (First appearance)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Behold... The Vision!"
The Vision enters the Avengers HQ and approaches the Wasp, but he falls and collapses. Goliath rushes in, wondering what happened, and finds the Vision in a crumpled heap on the floor. Meanwhile, Hawkeye visits Natasha to find she has decided to become the Black Widow again. He receives a call to return to the mansion. Black Panther foils a robbery and is also called. While examining the Vision, he bursts back into life and attacks the Avengers again. He calms down and informs the Avengers that he has been sent by Ultron-5 to destroy them. He leads the Avengers back to Ultron's hideout into a trap, but the Vision himself challenges Ultron and wins, saving the Avengers.
- This classic cover has been homaged many times. Most recently it was presented on the cover of Mighty Avengers #14 (July 2008) with a Skrull version of the Vision depicted. The iconic image of the Vision has also been used in marketing, in particular for his 1975 7-11 Slurpee cup.
- Pencils (story pages): Severin page 3, second last panel.
- This is the first appearance of the Silver Age Vision. He is not to be confused with Aarkus, the alien Vision of the Golden Age.
- Ultron previously appeared in Avengers #55, he will appear again in Avengers #66
- The final page quotes the poem "Ozymandias" by Percy Bysshe Shelley.
- References: Avengers #55
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 57 on the forums
- 2 Images from Avengers Vol 1 57
- 7 Reprints of Avengers Vol 1 57
|Like this? Let us know!|