Appearing in ""And In This Corner... Goliath!""
- Zsa Zsa Gabor (Mentioned) (Topical Reference)
- 🢐 Butler Jarvis 🢒
- Robin Hood (Mentioned)
- William Shakespeare (Mentioned)
- Nick Fury (Mentioned)
- Lord (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Numerous unnamed New Yorkers
Races and Species:
- Prime Marvel Universe
- Hawkeye's Suit, Bow and Trick Arrows
- Panther Habit
- Wasp's Suit
- Yellowjacket's Suit
- Psychic Clay
- Pym Particles
- Black Widow's Suit and Gauntlets
- Silent Sam (Mentioned) (Topical Reference)
- Black Panther's aircraft
Synopsis for ""And In This Corner... Goliath!""
Returning home to Avengers Mansion from Wakanda, the Avengers must make an emergency landing when Black Panther's ship malfunctions. During the scramble to prevent the ship from crashing, Hawkeye's bow breaks. Inside their mansion, they find that Yellowjacket and the Wasp have returned from their honeymoon. Henry Pym explains that he's abandoning the Goliath identity because he has determined that his constant growing beyond his normal height caused his bout of schizophrenia.
Before Yellowjacket has a chance to destroy his most recent size changing formula, the Avengers are contacted by Nick Fury who informs them that during her most recent mission for SHIELD, Black Widow has disappeared. Hawkeye is later contacted in secret by Black Widow who informs him that she's being held captive somewhere. Judging from the noise, Hawkeye deduces that she's being held on Coney Island. Without a bow, Hawkeye decides to take Pym's growth serum and abandoned Goliath costume to take on the identity of the new Goliath.
As Goliath rushes to her rescue, he is being watched by her kidnappers: Egghead, Puppet Master, and the Mad Thinker who are plotting to hold the world hostage with a powerful space station of their own design. They send out a giant robot, holding Black Widow as it's captive, to keep Goliath busy while they make their escape. Goliath destroys the robot and saves Natasha, and the two leave Coney Island to inform the Avengers of the villains plans.
- Clint Barton assumes the role of Goliath in this issue. He will remain in this persona (with slight costume modifications) until Avengers #98, where he resumes his role as Hawkeye the Marksman.
- This issue takes place shortly after the events of Captain Marvel #12 and continues in Sub-Mariner #14 as well as Captain Marvel #14 and the next issue of Avengers: Avengers #64.