Appearing in "Like a Death Ray in the Sky!"
- Barney Barton (First appearance) (Main story and flashback; apparent death)
- Egghead (Main story and flashback)
- Egghead's robots (Main story and flashback)
- U.S. Government (Mentioned)
- NYPD (Referenced)
- Butler Jarvis
- Mao Tse Tung (Mentioned)
- Barney's associates (Only in flashback)
- Adolf Hitler (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- Charles Lindbergh (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Puppet Master (Mentioned)
- Mad Thinker (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Rats (Invoked)
- Robots (Main story and flashback)
- Cobras (Mentioned)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Earth Orbit
- Egghead's Space Station
- United States (Main story and flashback)
- Earth Orbit
- Heaven (Invoked)
- Panther Habit
- Wasp's Suit
- Yellowjacket's Suit
- Goliath's Suit
- Pym Particles (Mentioned)
- Black Widow's Suit and Gauntlets
- Hawkeye's Bow (Destruction)
- Bio-Synthetic Wings
- Psychic Clay
- Avenger's spaceship?
Synopsis for "Like a Death Ray in the Sky!"
After testing his new orbital death ray, Egghead makes his demands to the United States. Hearing this over the radio, the Avengers plan their next course of action as Black Widow and Goliath return to the mansion. Suddenly they are visited by Barney Barton, Goliath's brother, who is in charge of various rackets and was once in the employ of Egghead. Telling the Avengers that he knows the coordinates where Egghead's base is and offers to aid the Avengers in destroying it.
When one of Egghead's robots attacks Avengers mansion, the Avengers quickly dispatch it before heading after Egghead, taking Barney Barton with them as well. Taking a specially commissioned rocket to the space station. Boarding it, their invasion is repelled by more of Egghead's robots. Egghead himself effects the battle by manipulating dolls of the Avengers commissioned for him by the Puppet Master.
Unaffected by Egghead's device, Barney sacrifices his life to destroy the machine and stops Egghead, however, manages to escape.
- In this issue, Hawkeye's identity as Clint Barton is revealed to his teammates.