Appearing in "The Coming Of The...Wonder Man!"
- Wonder Man (Simon Williams) (First appearance) (Apparent death)
- Pepper Potts
- Happy Hogan
- Fred Astaire (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Bucky Barnes (Vision)
- Adolf Hitler (Mentioned)
- Teen Brigade
- Various unnamed members
- Rick Jones (Referenced)
- Jane Foster
Races and Species:
- Prime Marvel Universe
- Warp between sixth dimension and seventh dimension
- Captain America's Uniform and Shield
- Giant-Man's Suit
- Iron Man Armor Model 2
- Wasp's Suit and Wings
- Bucky's Uniform (Vision)
- Uru (Mentioned)
- Advanced-designed Jet
- Wonder Man's rocket belt
- World War II (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Coming Of The...Wonder Man!"
Baron Zemo, the Executioner and the Enchantress scheme on how to defeat the Avengers. They notice in the news that Simon Williams, arrested for embezzling money, blames Tony Stark. They agree to help him get revenge on Stark as Iron Man is his bodyguard (they are unaware they are one and the same). They take Williams to the Amazon jungle and use a machine on him which makes him all-powerful, but to keep him under control, Zemo poisons him and only he knows the antidote.
They stage a battle against the Avengers where Wonder Man aids the Avengers, to earn their trust. He explains the illness he has and the Avengers work to find a cure. The Wasp is taken captive and the Avengers go to save her, only to be betrayed by Wonder Man. The Masters of Evil come very close to defeating the Avengers, until Wonder Man turns on Zemo. His change of heart is due to the Avengers doing all they could to save him, even though they didn't know him. Wonder Man saves the Avengers, but subsequently dies from Zemo's poison.
- Thor is last seen in Journey Into Mystery #109 where he battled Magneto.
- Giant-Man and Wasp were last seen in Tales to Astonish #60 where they battled the Beasts of Berlin, they also made a brief appearance in Tales of Suspense #58 where they help capture the Chameleon.
- Captain America was last seen in Tales of Suspense #58, where he is knocked out by the Chameleon who takes his place. Cap eventually revives and with the help of the Avengers defeats the Chameleon.
- Iron Man was also last seen in Tales of Suspense 58, where he battled Kraven the Hunter and the Chameleon. The Chameleon later disguises himself as Captain America and Iron Man with the help of the real Cap, Giant-Man and Wasp capture him.
- Baron Zemo, Enchantress and the Executioner were trapped between the sixth and seventh dimensions by Thor in Avengers #7
- This is the first appearance of Wonder Man, although he "dies" in this issue, he returns from the dead in Avengers #151. His inert body is seen next in Avengers #102.
- Iron Man's reference to Pepper Potts and Happy Hogan not trusting him are a reference to the ongoing storyline in Tales of Suspense, in recent issues Pepper and Happy begin to suspect something fishy about Iron Man, not knowing of his dual identity as their boss, Tony Stark.
- Bucky was Cap's partner in World War II, his death was at the hands of Baron Zemo, as told in Avengers #4.
- During the Avengers' tests on a cure for Wonder Man's condition, Giant-Man takes grafts of Wonder Man's brain patterns, which would later be used to found the personality of the Vision, this is revealed in Avengers #58. Perhaps as a result, when Wonder Man is revived, both he and the Vision share romantic feelings for the same woman: The Scarlet Witch.
- Baron Zemo, Enchantress, and the Executioner are next seen in Avengers #10.
- Thor is next seen in Journey Into Mystery #110.
- Iron Man and Captain America are next seen in Tales of Suspense #59.
- Giant-Man and Wasp in Tales to Astonish #61.
- The Avengers also make a brief appearance in Fantastic Four #31 where they attempt to assist the Fantastic Four in apprehending the Mole Man.
- This story is Job# X-795.
- References: Avengers #7