Appearing in "The Avengers: Avengers World"
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Main story and flashback)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Main story and flashback)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanova)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
- Wolverine (Logan)
- Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
- Cannonball (Sam Guthrie) (Joins team)
- Sunspot (Bobby Da Costa) (Joins team)
- Manifold (Eden Fesi) (First appearence as Manifold) (Joins team)
- Shang-Chi (Joins team)
- Falcon (Sam Wilson) (Rejoins team)
- Smasher (First appearance) (Joins team)
- Hyperion (First appearance) (Joins team)
- Captain Universe (First appearance) (Joins team)
- Illuminati (Only in flashback)
- The Garden (First appearance)
- Arc Reactor
- Iron Man Armor Model 4 (Cameo)
- Iron Man Armor Model 37 (Bleeding Edge Armor) (Cameo)
- Iron Man Armor Model 29 (Extremis Armor) (Cameo)
- Iron Man Armor Model 2 (Only in flashback)
- Iron Man Armor Model 42
- Black Widow's Gauntlets
- Spider-Man's Webshooters
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Captain America's Shield
Synopsis for "The Avengers: Avengers World"
A long time ago, there was nothing. Then there was everything. Many bits of creation swirled around the stars - planets that support life. And then one group of heroes raced into the light - the Avengers.
On Mars, Ex Nihilo begins to terraform Mars. He wants to make it have life. So he creates green plants on the red planet. And an intergalactic war is brewing because of him. At Avengers Tower, Tony Stark fumbles among some things regarding the Avengers and the Illuminati, remembering the day when it started with an idea - to create the Avengers. Later he walks down a hall with Steve Rogers, and they talk about the day when Stark found Rogers in the ice. Stark says the world changed when Cap was found. He also says that the best ideas are the simplest ones. And that they now have a new idea: with problems escalating since Cyclops' turn to the dark side, they need to grow bigger.
One year after he began, Ex Nihilo marvels at his creation with a Builder, part of a robotic race that desires to raze all worlds not deemed suitable. The six main Avengers then attack Mars, and appear to completely decimate the competition. But just then, all except Cap get captured. Cap returns home with, as intended, a whole new set of Avengers. They are ready to save the people they call their brethren. For they are Avengers.
It’s a new day and a new beginning for the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, with a brand new team that’s bigger and better than ever before! And they won’t just be ‘Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’, either – when the galaxy is in danger, the Avengers will answer the call!
- This issue takes place after New Avengers (Vol. 3) #3.
- Dustin Weaver was brought in by Jonathan Hickman as cover artist to provide a similar format to his variant covers for S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 2; each cover focusing on a single character. Tom Brevoort came up with the idea of making the covers interconnected. The original idea included the first six covers, but it was later trimmed down to only the first three issues. The idea to finish the image from issues #1 to #3 into a 180° panorama was later revisited in Weaver's variant covers for issues #25 to #27.