- Grandma always said everybody get sick. But we can all be together again. A big party with all our friends...
Appearing in "The Signal"
- Captain America (Steve Rogers)
- Bruce Banner
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Remotely controlling the armor)
- Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
- Smasher (Izzy Kane)
- Manifold (Eden Fesi)
- Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
- Falcon (Sam Wilson)
- Hyperion (Mark Milton)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanova)
- Captain Universe (Tamara Devoux)
- Sunspot (Bobby da Costa)
- Cannonball (Sam Guthrie)
- Spider-Man (Otto Octavius/"Peter Parker")
- Wolverine (Logan)
- Unnamed agents
Races and Species:
- Captain America's Shield
- Iron Man Armor Model 42
- Stark Omniversal Multitasking Software (Behind the scenes)
- Falcon's Wings
- Hawkeye's Bow and Trick Arrows
- Black Widow's Gauntlets
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Superior Spider-Man's Suit
Synopsis for "The Signal"
At the origin bomb impact site in India, an entire army of block-headed humanoids emerges; they immediately begin constructing an enormous symbol in stone and attempt a self-repair function for the planet, which apparently fails. At the impact site in Australia, hordes of giant bugs emerge and begin emitting a signal into space, indicating the system failure and that the world is terminal.
The signal they emit every six minutes wreaks havoc with planetary navigation systems, causing planes to crash and nuclear facilities to melt down. At SHIELD headquarters, Captain America and Bruce Banner attempt to understand what’s happening. In orbit, Iron Man and Captain Marvel deactivate a satellite threatening to plummet into the atmosphere, while in London, Smasher and Manifold deal with planes about to crash, while Spider-Woman and Falcon use birds to plot the routes of those still in the air.
In Korea, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, and Hyperion find the aftermath of a nuclear meltdown. Captain Universe is able to contain the radiation, but she says the signal is a sign that something is trying to reshape the Earth. Bruce Banner has pinpointed the orign of the signal when it starts up again, knocking power out. All the people or groups who are products of the origin bombs receive the signal; but Validator declines to take action; the Children of the Sun in the Savage Land cannot respond; the egg in the Hand’s possession has not hatched yet. Finally the group of block-headed humanoids from India accept the signal, and walk into a teleportational portal.
Having traced the signal to Perth, all the Avengers converge there and battle the block-headed humanoids and alien bugs. Elsewhere, Bruce Banner picks up strong energy readings from AIM island, where Superia and her team of scientists have awoken whatever is inside their own pod.
“THE SIGNAL” – Prelude to Infinity
• All of the Origin Sites go active as the Earth begins to communicate with something much more ancient than human civilizations.
• The Terror scientists of A.I.M. unveil the S7 program.
• Prelude to INFINITY: Part One.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 5 14 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Avengers Vol 5 14
- 3 Reprints of Avengers Vol 5 14
|Like this? Let us know!|