- There were two Hyperions. Both were pulled --resurrected -- from a dead universe. Both were then imprisoned, kept weak beyond weak without sunlight. And then both were rescued... called to be titans again. Titans, towering over mortal men and women. Titans, shaping the world into something better. He remembered his father's words: Truth without compromise. Thought without error. All things for the betterment of the whole. And found fault in them. There were two Hyperions. One that lost everything, and one that had everything to gain. Death should mean something. And so should being born again. He was the Sun... and these were the first of his children.
- -- Narrator
Appearing in "The Death and Resurrection of Major Titans"
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Main story and flashback)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanova)
- Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
- Wolverine (Logan)
- Falcon (Sam Wilson)
- Thor (Main story and flashback)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
- Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
- Hyperion (Marcus Milton) (Origin revealed) (Main story and flashback)
- Cannonball (Sam Guthrie)
- Sunspot (Bobby da Costa)
- Manifold (Eden Fesi)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Only in flashback)
- A.I.M. (Main story and flashback)
- The Hand (Cameo)
- Omega Flight (Mentioned)
- Father (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Squadron Supreme (Only appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Nighthawk (Neal Richmond) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Arcanna (Arcanna Jones) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Power Princess (Zarda Shelton) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Doctor Spectrum (Joseph Ledger) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Whizzer (Stanley Stewart) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Blue Eagle (James Dore Jr.) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Skylark (Linda Lewis) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Redstone (Michael Redstone) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Tom Thumb (Thomas Thompson) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Nuke (Albert Gaines) (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Other members (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Children of the Sun (First appearance)
- Pod (First appearance) (Appears in shadow only) (Unnamed)
Races and Species:
- Earth-13034 (First appearance) (Destruction) (Only in flashback)
- Earth (First appearance) (Destruction) (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed alternate reality which collided with Earth-13034 (Only appearance, destruction) (Only in flashback)
- Captain America's Uniform (Main story and flashback)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Uniforms
- Black Widow's Suit
- Black Widow's Gauntlets
- Captain Marvel's Suit
- Wolverine's Suit
- Falcon's Wings
- Spider-Woman's Suit
- Hawkeye's Suit
- Hawkeye's Bow and Trick Arrows
- A.I.M. Uniforms
- Iron Man Armor Model 42 (Only in flashback)
- Captain America's Shield (Only in flashback)
- Pod Undersuit (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "The Death and Resurrection of Major Titans"
Captain America and Captain Marvel discuss the containment status of the various impact sites from Ex Nihilo’s genetic bombs. They discover a previously unknown bomb that struck the Savaage Land, and Black Widow’s team is dispatched to investigate. In a flashback, we see Hyperion on his homeworld; he is a hero but also begins to see things that others cannot see which begin to cloud his vision.
The Avengers land in the Savage Land; Hyperiod spies a group of AIM agents who have already discovered the site and are extracting samples from a cocoon. They implant the alien virus into a willing intern, who quickly dies. Hyperion and Captain Marvel arrive to confront them, with Hyperion mentioning that it was AIM who saved him from his own dying universe.
In a flashback we see the destruction of his original world due to an incursion event that collapsed two universes together. Hyperion somehow survived, floating in an interdimensional void, when AIM scientists discovered him and pulled him into our reality. They kept him prisoner until he was rescued by Cap, Iron Man, and Thor.
In the present, the AIM scientists say they have diplomatic immunity from the Avengers; things are about to escalate when the dead intern’s body suddenly sprouts tentacles and begins attacking everyone. Thor and Hyperion destroy the creature and Captain Marvel asks an AGENT why they would inject a human with the alien virus; he responds that they were curious. Nearby Hyperion observes several pods opening; small, striped humanoids emerge who speak in the Builders’ language. Instead of destroying them he chooses to let them gather around him.
As he is taken into custody, the AIM scientist smirks at Captain Marvel, congratulating her sarcastically on containing all 6 impact sites. In Norway, a group of AIM scientists locate a hitherto unknown seventh impact site.
- The Secret Origin of Hyperion.
- The Legacy of the Garden unfolds in the Savage Land.
- “We’ll have to field test our theories here. NOW.” --Dr. Deeds
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 5 4 on the forums
- Images from Avengers Vol 5 4
|Like this? Let us know!|