Appearing in 1st story
- Robyn Hood (First appearance)
- Blackbird Security (First appearance)
- Carol Danvers' Airplane
Synopsis for 1st story
Despite being late, Peter takes a flight with Carol Danvers, the new Captain Marvel, to Boston in her plane to visit his Aunt May. In the air, Carol offers to tell him a secret about herself if Peter will share one with her. Carol admits that she understands her place in the world best when she is flying a plane. Uncomfortable about opening up, Peter is embarrassed to tell her a secret about himself.
Carol sees a girl flying past them, whose jetpack is fizzling out. After changing into their costumes, Captain Marvel plans to stall the engine so that they can get close to her without hitting the propeller. Spider-Man climbs out and sticks to the wing of the plane, where he catches her as she flies into him.
Now that she's safe, Spider-Man asks her who she is, but she hasn't come up with a name for herself yet. Suddenly, a missile comes flying towards them. They evade it safely, but the person who fired it at them claims that the woman is a felony suspect who he is trying to apprehend. The girl tells them that the person firing missiles at them, a man in an armored suit, is an agent of Blackbird Security working for National Federal Bank, which she has robbed.
Spider-Man takes the girl with him and jumps onto the Zakim Bridge below them while Captain Marvel attempts to land onto the bridge. After landing, she immediately gets into a fight with the Blackbird agent until the police arrive and break it. As for the girl, Spider-Man webs her up so that she can't escape. She wishes to return the stolen money to the citizens, so Spider-Man likens her to Robin Hood, inspiring her to name herself Robyn Hood. As Captain Marvel and the Blackbird agent argue, a police officer explains that the agent is a subcontractor working for the mayor.
Spider-Man brings Robyn to the others, getting annoyed by her constant talking. In anger, the Blackbird agent blasts Robyn. But instead of hurting her, she grows to an enormous height. To make matters worse, they are surrounded by several Blackbird Security agents.
• Spider-Man plummets into action with the star of this month’s hottest new comic: the all new CAPTAIN MARVEL!
• 50,000 feet up and only on one of them can fly...
• Is the World’s Greatest Super Hero Ready for a ride with Earth’s Mightiest Hero?
- Technically Carol Danvers' first appearance as Captain Marvel, as this issue came out a week before the character's ongoing title.
- Carol's plane is a Cessna 172H Skyhawk.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avenging Spider-Man Vol 1 9 on the forums
- 5 Images from Avenging Spider-Man Vol 1 9
|Like this? Let us know!|