Hank McCoy was attending Bard College he became a star football player nicknamed Magilla Gorilla. Hank hid his mutation and thirst for knowledge in plain sight - until the school asked him to leave after he was exposed as a Mutant. Hank's remarkable athletic abilities and brilliance attracted the notice of Professor Charles Xavier, who was forming the original X-Men. Xavier offered Hank, who excelled in the classroom, the chance for unlimited academic opportunities at his prestigious School for Gifted Youngsters. The costumed criminal named El Conquistador, however, also took note of his abilities and captured McCoy's parents in order to force McCoy to aid him in his criminal schemes. With the help of Prof. Xavier and the X-Men, Henry defeated the Conquistador and then joined the X-Men as their fourth member, taking the code-name "Beast".
Points of Interest
- Chris Claremont alma mater was Bard College.
- 11 Appearances of Bard College
- 2 Minor Appearances of Bard College
- 1 Media Bard College was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Bard College
- Location Gallery: Bard College
- 1 locations in Bard College