Benito Serrano was a poor child with only one known living relative, his sister named Marera. He was kidnapped from his home and press-ganged into service as a child soldier in the Colombian civil war. His meek childhood self was changed into a "badass" killer, a change symbolized when he and one of the other soldiers got tattoos on their chests, Serrano's being a bull's head. He acquired the name "El Toro".
His superiors decided to use him as a human test subject for a "super-soldier" program, which they did not tell him the possible side effects of. However, as the serum took effect, it caused him to remember Marera, and the trauma of being taken from those he loved.
What followed is unknown, but Serrano made his way to New York as an illegal immigrant. He, along with Nomad, Spider-Girl, Firestar and Gravity, was on hand when Warhead detonated himself in the city. He decided to help them.
- Benito Serrano has the power to change himself into a superhuman form, with bull-like horns and skin, greater physical mass, superhuman strength and the ability to leap far distances.
- Benito Serrano had a "Counter-Earth" counterpart, who was friends with Nomad before she came to the central Marvel Universe. For this reason, she acts as though she has known him for a long time, but she really hasn't.
Toro is spanish for bull.
- 17 Appearances of Benito Serrano (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Benito Serrano (Earth-616)
- Media Benito Serrano (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 14 Images featuring Benito Serrano (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Benito Serrano (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Benito Serrano (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|