Ben Grimm was convinced by his long-time friend Reed Richards to join his crew on his spaceship, alongside Johnny and Sue Storm, as a pilot, in his mission to explore cosmic radiation. When a wave of cosmic energy hit their ship, each of the quartet gained amazing powers, Ben's body was totally covered of orange interlocking stones, which granted him amazing strength. He and the other three decided to become a team to protect the Earth with their superpowers, as the Fantastic Four.
He was one of the many superheroes who joined S.H.I.E.L.D.'s alliance against villains after a mysterious Pulse hit the Earth and left a material called Isotope-8, desired by both heroes and villains.
The Thing received his powers when cosmic rays bombarded his body. He is extremely strong and durable.
Rock-like Skin: he Thing possesses a smooth, rock-like hide as a result of exposure to cosmic rays. The mutagenic process caused his musculature, bone structure, internal organ composition, soft tissue structure, and skin to greatly increase in toughness and density.
- Superhuman Strength: The Thing's primary superhuman power is his great physical strength.
- Superhuman Durability: he rock-like composition of the Thing's body renders him highly resistant to physical injury. The Thing's body can resist extremely powerful impact forces. He can also withstand exposure to high levels of explosives. His body can also withstand extreme temperatures.
- Expert Pilot: The Thing is an exceptionally skilled and experienced pilot, proficient with many varieties of both conventional and exotic aircraft.
- Master Combatant: He is uniquely gifted in the art of hand-to-hand combat, though his fighting style tends to be a rather loose brawling technique all his own.
- 1 Appearances of Benjamin Grimm (Earth-12131)
- Minor Appearances of Benjamin Grimm (Earth-12131)
- Media Benjamin Grimm (Earth-12131) was Mentioned in
- 7 Images featuring Benjamin Grimm (Earth-12131)
- 1 Quotations by or about Benjamin Grimm (Earth-12131)
- Character Gallery: Benjamin Grimm (Earth-12131)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|