- The existence of Uncle Ben is only implied in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In Captain America: Civil War, Peter Parker states that his refusal to use his powers resulted in something bad happening as a consequence. In the standard Spider-Man origin stories, Uncle Ben dies after Peter refuses to stop a thief that would wind up murdering Ben. In Spider-Man: Homecoming, Peter is unwilling to reveal his alter-ego as Spider-Man to his Aunt May at the time citing "everything that's happened with her," hinting at her loss of Ben. In Spider-Man: Far From Home, while preparing for his trip to Europe, Peter uses a briefcase with the engraved initials "BFP", which stand for his uncle's full name: Benjamin Franklin Parker.
- In an early script of Spider-Man: Homecoming, Uncle Ben was going to be referenced directly by Aunt May. When Peter is getting ready for homecoming, the wardrobe May gives him would have been explicitly stated to be Ben's clothes. Even though screenwriter John Francis Daley thought it was a nice moment, it was removed, arguing that "If you're going to talk about someone's death, you don't want it to be a throwaway."
- Appearances of Benjamin Parker (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Benjamin Parker (Earth-199999)
- Media Benjamin Parker (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Benjamin Parker (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Benjamin Parker (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Benjamin Parker (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Spider-Man: Far From Home
- ↑ Spider-Man: Homecoming writers answer burning questions. Entertainment Weekly (2 August 2017).
|Like this? Let us know!|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.