Little is known of Manbot's previous life, except that his name was Bernie Lachenay, and that he worked for Department H before being bonded with a Box robot. The Department merged him with what they had made of the Box armor.  According to an omniscient narrator, little remains of Bernie's human personality, and he may have no sense of humor. A sight that would reportedly cause Bernie to laugh, had no apparent effect on Manbot. He did not even crack a smile. 
During the newly reassembled Alpha Flight´s first few missions, Manbot secretly recorded the activities for later study back at the Department H. After the restructuring of the Department that followed the apparent death of a high-ranking official, Manbot was no longer utilized in such a covert manner and has since been reassigned to the training team Beta Flight.
|Power Grid |
|* Heightened data processing skills|
- Energy blasts
- Chi-Omnicron guided missiles
- Nerve toxin M-11
- Silent communication via radio link
- During a fight between Alpha Flight and Mesmero, Manbot turned out to be the only member of the team immune to Mesmero's mind-control powers.  This might indicate his mind is no longer human enough to be affected.
Estimated at 75-100 tons
In addition to flight, Manbot could also turn his legs into rollers.
- 19 Appearances of Bernie Lachenay (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Bernie Lachenay (Earth-616)
- Media Bernie Lachenay (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 17 Images featuring Bernie Lachenay (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Bernie Lachenay (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Bernie Lachenay (Earth-616)
- Marvel Encyclopedia Vol 2: X-Men
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|