Bill Mantlo was a writer for Marvel Comics, the comic book company that produced official adaptations of the adventures of various super-heroes that lived in New York City during the Modern Age of Heroes. He had worked with artists Jackson Guice, Edward Hannigan and Rick Leonardi before writing Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 with art by Al Milgrom. Milgrom had the utmost respect for previous artists drawing Mantlo's excellent script. However, during the Assistant Editor Month, Editor-in-functions Bob DeNatale replaced Milgrom's pages with Fred Hembeck's, much to Milgrom's chagrin. When editor Danny Fingeroth returned, he was as agahast as Al and insisted that at least the last pages of the issue were Milgrom's.
Mantlo and Guice's joint work included the comic-book series Swashbucklers, which was popular enough to be announced in billboards on top of New York City buildings, with Mantlo and Guice's name in top billing.
- Appearances of Bill Mantlo (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Bill Mantlo (Earth-616)
- Media Bill Mantlo (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Bill Mantlo (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Bill Mantlo (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Bill Mantlo (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|