Appearing in "Part I"
- United States Army (Main story and flashback)
- Nazis (Main story and flashback)
- Heinz Kruger (Mentioned)
- Dr. Abraham Erskine (Mentioned) (Deceased)
- President Roosevelt (Mentioned)
- Wakandan Army
- Jesse Owens (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- North America (Only in flashback)
- Africa (Main story and flashback)
- Wakanda (Main story and flashback)
- Atlantic Ocean
- India, Asia (Mentioned)
- Hell (Mentioned)
- World War II (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "Part I"
The Howling Commandos were on a top secret mission against the Nazis to destroy their intercontinental ballistic missile program, but they lost the element of surprise and were outnumbered two-to-one. Just as things began to look grim, however, a man wearing a red, white and blue costume and wielding a shield appears and nearly single-handedly defeats the Nazi soldiers. Nick Fury reveals that this is Captain America and he is America's secret weapon.
Back at Nazi High Command in Berlin, Adolf Hitler laments how their missile program has been set back at least six months. He believes that the answer to their problems lies in the properties of a metal known as Vibranium found only in the African nation of Wakanda. He sends Baron Strucker to secure a steady supply of the rare metal.
As a result of the good work they did together at the missile lab, Captain America and the Howling Commandos are sent to Wakanda together to find out why a squadron of Germans had been there. Upon landing in the jungle, Captain America sees first-hand what had become of Strucker's attack group. The heads of German soldiers have been decapitated and placed on top of pikes stuck in the ground to serve as a warning of any other interlopers. The Black Panther then tells the Captain that Wakanda is capable of protecting itself. When the Captain presses the monarch for answers, he is captured by the Panther's forces. Watching from within the jungle, the Commandos watch as the Captain and the Panther engage in one-on-one combat, but they themselves are also captured by the light-footed Wakandans, who sneak up behind them.
Lastly, back at the Nazi's base-camp, von Strucker is replaced by the Red Skull as the leader of the Nazi strikeforce tasked with capturing the Wakandan Vibranium.
For the first time ever, see the full story of the first meeting of Captain America and the Black Panther! It’s a World War Two adventure featuring a young Steve Rogers, the Black Panther and Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos in combat with the nastiest Nazi villains in the Marvel Universe!
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Black Panther/Captain America: Flags of Our Fathers Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 5 Images from Black Panther/Captain America: Flags of Our Fathers Vol 1 1
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|