Appearing in "Part 4"
- United States Army
Races and Species:
- Captain America's Uniform
- Captain America's Shield (Destruction)
- Panther Habit
- Captain America's Vibranium Shield (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Part 4"
Gabe Jones escapes down the Wakandan mine-shaft, away from the battle between the Master Man and the Black Panther, while the rest of the Howling Commandos fight for their lives against an armored Red Skull. Along the way, Jones finds a piece of Vibranium and stores it in his uniform.
When Jones gets to the other side of the shaft he finds himself in the courtyard of the Royal Palace. Here he sees the Armless Tiger Man standing over a frightened T'Chaka. When the Nazi threatens to cut the boy's throat, Jones shoots him dead in the center of his forehead, while back at the mine-shaft, the Black Panther apparently kills both the Master Man and Warrior Woman.
While running from the Skull, the Commandos run right into Baron Strucker's tent, where they take a stand against the Nazis.
Jones, the Panther and Captain America take a plane to help the Commandos deal with the Nazi officers. Along the way, the Panther offers Jones Wakandan citizenship for helping to save his family. The heroes help to turn the tide of battle, defeating the Red Skull before Nick Fury and Baron Strucker end up in a stalemate, each pointing a gun at the other. Strucker surrenders in order to save the life of the Red Skull and both are then ordered to leave Wakanda, never to return without facing the full wrath of the Panther.
Before shipping out, Jones thanks the Panther for his hospitality, but tells him that he has to decline his offer as he needs to continue to fight in this war. On the way home, Fury asks him if he was successful in acquiring any Vibranium. Jones lies and says that he didn't, and though Fury doesn't believe him, he leaves Gabe alone. Back in America, Fury praises Captain America for his bravery and fighting ability, but recommends that the military supply him with a partner that will conduct black ops without hesitation. His commanding officers vow to take this thought into consideration.
After breaking his triangular shield in Africa, Captain America decides to have a new rounded shield built for him based on the design of the Black Panther's own shield.
Outmanned and outgunned, Captain America and the Black Panther battle Master Man, Warrior Woman, White Gorilla and the Red Skull. Meanwhile, Gabe Jones has to make a fateful choice: betray the U.S. government of the people of Wakanda. Who will he choose?
- In this issue, Black Panther seemingly kills Nazi super-soldiers Master Man and Warrior Woman, but they appear alive in later moments in history, as Namor the Sub-Mariner #10 for example.
- Black Panther's circular shield gives Captain America the idea of using a similar design. Captain America's heater shield was replaced by a round one between Captain America Comics #1 and Captain America Comics #2 (due to over-similarity with MLJ's The Shield). According to Captain America #255 he was presented with the new vibranium shield by Franklin D. Roosevelt in June 1941. However, this series takes place after the outbreak of war between the USA and Germany in December 1941. The Howling Commandos' first mission together was not until autumn 1942, as depicted in Sgt Fury and his Howling Commandos #44.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Black Panther/Captain America: Flags of Our Fathers Vol 1 4 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from Black Panther/Captain America: Flags of Our Fathers Vol 1 4
Links and References
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|