- Pilot (US episodes 1 & 2)
- Black Panther (US episodes 3 & 4)
- Revenge of the Evil (US episodes 5 & 6)
- Death of Father (US episodes 7 & 8)
- Black Panther vs. Juggernaut and Black Knight (US episodes 9 & 10)
- To the End (US episodes 11 & 12)
The series is based off the story arc featured in Black Panther Vol 4.
- Djimon Hounsou - Black Panther/T'Challa
- Stan Lee - General Wallace
- Kerry Washington - Princess Shuri
- Alfre Woodard - Dondi Reese, Queen Mother
- Carl Lumbly - Uncle S'Yan
- Jill Scott - Storm
- Stephen Stanton - Klaw
- Jonathan Adams - T'Chaka
- J. B. Blanc - Black Knight, Cannibal (Male), Batroc
- David Busch - Everett K. Ross
- Phil LaMarr - T'Shan
- Peter Lurie - Juggernaut
- Phil Morris - W'Kabi
- Vanessa Marshall - Cannibal (Female)
- Nolan North - Cyclops, Nightcrawler
- Adrian Pasdar - Captain America
- Kevin Michael Richardson - Wolverine, Historical Black Panther 1
- Rick D. Wasserman - Radioactive Man/Igor
- Taye Diggs - Historical Black Panther 2
Wakanda is used as a comparison to the historical corruption in Africa, from the invasion of South Africa and slaving, to the African warlords.
While Wakanda has remained unconquered and uninfluenced by outside forces, its isolationism led to a technology base developed entirely independently of that of the rest of the world, including computer and weapons technology, advanced medicine and alternative energy sources. Despite having such advanced medicine (they can cure cancer) and alternative resources, Wakanda is targeted by the international community for its very large and untouched oil reserves (as well as its Vibranium).
Blank Panther T'Chaka chastises the United Nations for trying to bribe him for his countries resources and denies them stating their only interest is in profit and power. T'Chaka believes any other nation could have made half the discoveries Wakanda has, except more money is made in misery (more money out of selling treatments rather than cures, and collecting expensive energy bills instead of employing cheap alternatives, etc.).
While the Catholic Church is not officially involved in military operations, they continue to invest in military development to fund underground holy wars. Africa, being seen as the front line of religious warfare in the 21st century is of particular interest to the Church, and they want to convert the Wakandans to win the war in Africa between Christianity and Islam.