- I could just use some moral support, James. Because what I'm going to do is this... find everyone I "love"... you included. Don't argue and don't ask -- see they're protected... find out what this "Icepick Protocol" is... and who's using it... bring everything they are crashing down... kill every single one of them... and toast Ivan in the blazing ruins. Could be tricky.
- -- Black Widow
Appearing in "Deadly Origin, Part 1"
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) (Main story and flashback)
- Ivan Petrovitch (Main story and flashback)
- Taras Romanov (Only in flashback)
- Joseph Stalin (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- United States of America
- Russia / Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (Main story and flashback)
- Germany (Only in flashback)
- Berlin (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Deadly Origin, Part 1"
Two men, one blond and the other brown, have stolen a military plane. The latter reveals to his partner that he's not his partner. He replaced him five minutes before they stole the plane. The blond man simply uses a device on his palm to remotely detonate the bomb in his partner's head, killing several CIA officers, before ripping out the controls, to prevent the plane from stopping so he'd get back to his employers to interrogate "him". However, "he" is in fact the Black Widow in holographic disguise. After a small tussle, she manages to disable him, before taking him out of the falling plane. Unfortunately, her captive uses a poison capsule to commit suicide.
Meanwhile, at a base in Russia, two men are staring at screen. However, they don't notice one reading Widow's file, before the words "Icepick protocol initiated." turn up.
In Volgograd, Russia, a man named Ivan calls Widow in New York, to inform her about Icepick, something she does not know about, before he is killed.
Flashing back to 1928, a younger Ivan rescues a baby Natalia Romanoff from the rubble. For ten years, he raises her. As he was having a talk with a man named Taras Romanoff, when they are approached by Stalin, suggesting that her name be changed to Romanova.
For two years, young Natalia has trained in hand-to-hand combat. She is then interrupted by her adoptive father Taras, who wants her to have tea with "Little Uncle" Logan, the future Wolverine. They spar afterwards. Later, Logan kills Taras, having been on a secret assignment. A concerned Ivan goes looking for her and offers to be by her side.
By 1956, Ivan is wounded and there are no medics around to help him. They are both approached by the Winter Soldier, who offers a serum that can heal him and extend their lifespans, if Natalia promises her renewed loyalty, to which she accepts.
In the present, Widow rushes to Russia to find Ivan's mutilated body in a morgue, with Russian words stating that everyone that she ever loved will die. She checks an X-shaped scar corpse's right hand, confirming that it is Ivan. As she walks out off the morgue, she runs into Bucky, who asks what's wrong. As they walk along the streets of the city, Widow declares that she shall find out what Icepick is, who's using it, which she'll find out alone.
Before she steals the world's heart in Iron Man II, get caught in the wicked web of Marvel's sexiest and deadliest super-spy! She's been everything from a Russian espionage agent to a Champion to an Avenger, now a skeleton from Natalia Romanova's past is reaching out for those she's loved and lost...and the Black Widow has many victims to choose from! From the frozen streets of Moscow to the upper stratosphere, writer Paul Cornell (CAPTAIN BRITAIN & MI3) and artists Tom Raney (DARK REIGN: HAWKEYE) and John Paul Leon (The Winter Men) deliver a globe-hopping, bone-breaking, high-tech thriller that reveals how Natalia's shadowy past threatens all she now holds dear. Guest-starring the Winter Soldier and Wolverine!
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Black Widow: Deadly Origin Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 7 Images from Black Widow: Deadly Origin Vol 1 1
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|