The Atlantean who would become Bloodtide's body was "ravaged by pollutants," mutating her, giving superhuman powers.
After King Namor changed his policy on the relationship between the ocean and the surface, he declared his territory off-limits to all but its native inhabitants. Bloodtide appeared as one of the members of the Defenders of the Deep, Namor's own super-team assembled to impose his will on the surface world's presence in the oceans.
Bloodtide possesses the power to control the flow of water and can use it to propel forceful hard-water blasts of water, and to transport herself and others through the air.
As a Homo mermanus, Bloodtide has the sub-mariner physiology common to the Atlanteans and Lemurians. This includes a stronger and more durable physiology than Homo sapiens, able to withstand the vast pressures of the ocean depths. The average Homo mermanus individual is ten time stronger than their Homo sapiens counterpart and can swim at a maximum speed of 30 miles per hour.
Their vision is superior to that of Homo sapiens, allowing them to see in the dim light of the ocean depths. The Homo mermani tend to age slower than their surface counterparts, their average lifespan lasting 150 years.
Hydrokinesis, Flight, Durability
10x Normal Human
- 8 Appearances of Bloodtide (Atlantean) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Bloodtide (Atlantean) (Earth-616)
- Media Bloodtide (Atlantean) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Bloodtide (Atlantean) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Bloodtide (Atlantean) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Bloodtide (Atlantean) (Earth-616)
- Bloodtide (Atlantean) (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|