Early life and career
As an undergraduate film student at New York University, Vaughan took part in Marvel's Stan-hattan Project, a class for fledgling comic book writers that also helped Joe Kelly break into comic books. Vaughan's first credit was Cable #43.
Vaughan has written for most of the major DC and Marvel characters, including Batman and the X-Men. He has also written several screenplays, stage plays, and short stories, but mostly he prefers writing comic books. He has stated in an interview with Wizarduniverse.com that he prefers to write his own creations like Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina because he doesn't think he's the best at using his "voice" with company-owned characters. Vaughan was hired in late 2006 as an executive story editor for the television series Lost.
New Line Cinema optioned Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina in 2005.
|Wonder Woman writer|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer season eight writer|
Awards and nominations
- Eisner Award (2005) for Best Writer, for his work on Y: The Last Man, Runaways, Ex Machina and Marvel's Ultimate X-Men, and for Best New Series (along with artists Tony Harris and Tom Feister) for Ex Machina.
- Nominated for five Eisners in 2006: Best Writer; Best Single Issue, Best Serialized Story and Best Continuing Series for Ex Machina; and Best Serialized Story for Y: The Last Man.
- "Comic's Best Writer" (2006), Wizard magazine.
Images Attributed to Brian K. Vaughan (Earth-1218)
- No special notes
- No trivia
- No website
Links and References
- Brian K. Vaughan Web Site
- Newsarama (Aug. 2006) interview with Brian K. Vaughan
- Newsarama (Sept. 2006) interview with Brian K. Vaughan
- September 2006 Comic Book Resources interview with Brian K. Vaughan]
- Wikipedia reference
- ↑ Brian Bendis interviews Brian K. Vaughan
- ↑ Newsarama (Dec. 20, 2006): "Brian K. Vaughan Joins Writing Staff of Lost" (cites Vaughn's blog)
- ↑ Newsarama (Aug. 2, 2005): "Brian K. Vaughan on Ex Machina 's Movie News", by Matt Brady
- ↑ The 2006 Eisner Awards: 2006 Master Nominations List, Blog@Newsarama: Comic-Con: 2006 Eisner Award Winners