When the lots were cast for the prisoners, Achilles received Briseïs while Chryseïs went to Agamemnon, which sparked resentment from Achilles (who made most of the fighting) towards Agamemnon (who collected the best share). Achilles asked Patroclus to return her to his camp, where she was treated well.
In the ninth year of the war, as Apollo's arrows were raining on the Achaeans, caused by Chryses, Agamemnon surrendered Chryseïs, and took Briseïs in replacement, causing a quarrel decreed by Zeus between them.
- 2 Appearances of Briseïs (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Briseïs (Earth-616)
- Media Briseïs (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Briseïs (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Briseïs (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Briseïs (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|