When Magneto abandoned them, Burner and his allies became a separate group called Mutant Force. They acted as mercenaries working for Mandrill and his Femme Force against the Defenders. After being captured, they were pressed into trying to defeat the Hulk by the government.
Sometime later, Mutant Force joined the Secret Empire as thugs, working for Mad-Dog and Professor Power. They battled the Defenders again when they tried to break-up Damian and Patsy's wedding, and later during an attempted missile strike on Russia.
Mutant Force later adopted new identities and became the Resistants. As Crucible, Byron and the Resistants openly opposed the Mutant Registration Act through rallies, civil disobedience, and active criminal behavior. Crucible was also the liaison between the Red Skull and the Resistants. The Skull provided support and influence to the Resistants as one of his many efforts to destabilize the American way of life. It was unclear how much the Resistants besides Crucible knew about the Skull's involvement.
- Pyrokinesis: Burner can shoot flames from his hands or cause objects to combust psionically.
- Flame Resistance: He is resistant to heat and flames.
- 25 Appearances of Byron Calley (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Byron Calley (Earth-616)
- Media Byron Calley (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Byron Calley (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Byron Calley (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Byron Calley (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|