After working for Marvel Comics as a translator and freelance writer, C.B Cebulski joined the company full-time in 2002 as an associate editor. In 2011, he became the Vice President of International Brand Management. On November 17, 2017, it was announced that C.B. Cebulski succeeded Axel Alonso as Marvel Comics' Editor-in-Chief.
- Comics that were produced while "C.B. Cebulski" was Editor-in-Chief
- Comics that "C.B. Cebulski" edited
- Works that "C.B. Cebulski" wrote
- Subjects created by "C.B. Cebulski"
- Works that " Akira Yoshida" wrote
- Subjects created by " Akira Yoshida"
Images Attributed to C.B. Cebulski (Earth-1218)
- From 2004 to 2005, Cebulski worked for Marvel under the pseudonym of Akira Yoshida. Apparently, Cebulski was planning to leave Marvel, but set up a writing career first as Yoshida, a persona created to get his first writing gig on Darkstalkers for Dreamwave and then Conan and the Demons of Khitai for Dark Horse. From that gig, his fictional pseudonym was approached by another Marvel editor, quite unaware that Cebulski was Akira, and Cebulski found himself hired by his own company. Cebulski kept the lie going, and even created a fake backstory for interviews, since at the time a policy in Marvel prohibited staffers from writing or drawing comic books. Barely a year afterwards, Cebulski confessed to Marvel executives what he had done, and the persona of Akira Yoshida faded away. Looking back on this, Cebulski recalled, "I stopped writing under the pseudonym Akira Yoshida after about a year. It wasn't transparent, but it taught me a lot about writing, communication and pressure. I was young and naïve and had a lot to learn back then."
- No trivia
Links and References
- ↑ Gustines, George Gene (17 November 2017). Marvel Entertainment Names New Editor in Chief. New York Times. Retrieved on 17 November 2017.
- ↑ Johnston, Rich (28 November 2017). New Marvel Comics EIC C.B. Cebulski Admits He Wrote As “Akira Yoshida” 13 Years Ago. Bleeding Cool. Retrieved on 28 November 2017.
- ↑ Cronin, Brian (28 November 2017). The Strange Tale of CB Cebulski’s Time as Akira Yoshida. Bleeding Cool. Retrieved on 28 November 2017.