Captain America's most recognizable vehicle, is a custom Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Captain America while living in Brooklyn Heights stored the motorcycle in a service garage operated by Richard Dumbrowski. Captain America often kept his motorcycle in his van and took it wherever he traveled. The cycle suffered a head-on collision, but apparently was restored to service.
Captain America has continued to use motorcycles on numerous adventures. Most recently, it was revealed that he stored a motorcycle on the roof of his Brooklyn apartment. This particular motorcycle does not have the distinctive red, white, and blue paint job of the one created from him by Jonathan Coulson. It is undetermined if Cap's present motorcycle is the original custom Harley-Davidson from Coulson.
- Make and Model: Harley-Davidson Custom Special
- Engine: 700 cc HV V-twin in-line 4 stroke
- Curb Weight (Full Tank): 480lbs.
- Seat Height: 32 inches
- Cruising Range: 340 miles
- Performance: Standing start ¼ mile: 11.5 sec. @ 122 mph
- Engine RPM at 60 mph top gear: 3850 RPM
|On Earth-199999, Steve Rogers used numerous Harley-Davidson as his transport method. During WWII, he used a 1942 Harley-Davidson WLA Liberator Army motorcycle. After awaking in the modern day, he had used a Harley-Davidson V-Rod, a 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim and a Harley-Davidson Street 750.||Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier|
|On Earth-8096, Captain America used a motorcycle similar to a Harley-Davidson.||Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Animated Series)|
|On Earth-600001, Captain America's motorcycle appeared as a customized Harley-Davidson.||Captain America (1944 film serial)|
|On Earth-600043, Captain America frequently used a customized Yamaha TT 500. He rode the bike through the corridors of the enemy's building. Cap's bike had a booster allowing it to jump over several places, and it had several gadgets within it including a hang glider, rocket propulsion to launch it from the van, extra jets for speed, and silent mode. His shield doubled as the bike's windshield. Dr. Simon Mills built the bike for Steve Rogers in an attempt to convince Rogers to become Captain America.||Captain America (1979 film)|
|On Earth-TRN562, Captain America used several motorcycles similar to a Harley-Davidson. One of the motercycles he used during World War II contained a sidecar.||Marvel Avengers Academy|
- A 2010 Harley-Davidson Cross Bones was refit to look like a 1942 Harley-Davidson WLA Liberator Army in Captain America: The First Avenger.
- 126 appearance(s) of Captain America's Motorcycle
- 5 minor appearance(s) of Captain America's Motorcycle
- 2 mention(s) of Captain America's Motorcycle
- 33 image(s) of Captain America's Motorcycle
Links and References
New Harley-Davidson Street 750 Rides Into Captain America: harley-davidson street 750 rides into captain america