Appearing in "Unfinished Business"
- Captain America/Bucky (James Barnes) (Main story and flashback)
- Young Allies (Only in flashback)
- Invaders (Only in recap)
- Kid Commandos (Only in recap)
- Texas Jack (Marshall Muldoon)
- Brenda Sue
- Nazis (Only in recap)
- Super-Axis (Only in flashback)
- Bucky Barnes' Apartment
- 30,000 feet over Pennsylvania
- Rocky Mountain Federal Penitentiary, Colorado
- Captain America's Shield (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America's Uniform (Only in recap)
- Winter Soldier's Bionic Arm (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "Unfinished Business"
- Synopsis not yet written
Appearing in "The Origin of Captain America!"
- United States Army
- Operation Rebirth (Name first revealed)
- Sgt. Mike Duffy (Unnamed)
- Bucky (James Barnes) (See chronology)
- Manhattan Project (Referenced)
- United States Government
- Adolf Hitler (Invoked)
- Bucky's father (Referenced)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "The Origin of Captain America!"
This story is a retelling of Captain America's origins. In the 1940's young Steve Rogers who was rejected from joining the military because of his frail body. However he is chosen for a top secret project to create the perfect soldier. Given a formula by Dr. Erskine his body is transformed into one of peak efficiency. After Steve Rogers is transformed however, Erskine is killed by a Nazi spy, who in turn is killed by Rogers. Erskine's secret formula would die with him, however Steve Rogers would become Captain America.
The tale would gloss over how Captain America would bust up Nazi spy rings as Captain America, but in his civilian guise he'd pretend to be a bumbling soldier under the command of Sergeant Duffy, and the mentor for his units mascot Bucky Barnes.
Bucky would one night stumble upon Steve changing into Captain America and would convince him to join him in combat as his sidekick, Bucky. Their first mission together would be to break up some Nazi's sneaking into the country and using their own explosives to destroy the submarine they arrived in.
CAPTAIN AMERICA’S IN A RACE ACROSS THE WORLD TO SOLVE A MYSTERY FROM WORLD WAR TWO! James “Bucky” Barnes has led many lives. Once he was Captain America's partner Bucky, a proud member of the Invaders, a founder of the original Young Allies. Now he is Captain America, the Sentinel of Liberty, and when an old enemy suddenly reappears, Jim must re-open the last, unsolved case of the Young Allies -- to stop a menace that threatens the world! Roger Stern (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) travels from World War II with Nick Dragotta (X-MEN FIRST CLASS) to the modern age with Marco Santucci (SIEGE: SPIDER-MAN) to tell a time-tossed epic tale of mystery, intrigue, and high adventure!
- Washington Jones's death had been previously mentioned in Young Allies Comics 70th Anniversary Special #1, an issue that serves as a sort of prologue for this story.
- The character of Lotus Newmark had first appeared in 1990's Avengers Spotlight #30, while Lady Lotus dates back to 1978's Invaders #37.
- This issue retcons the characters of Lady Lotus and Lotus Newmark as one and the same.
- Her advanced longevity is explained in Marvels (Vol. 2) #6 as being another side effect of the black lotus flowers.