Appearing in 1st story
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America/Bucky (James Barnes) (Main story and flashback)
- Sharon Carter
- Wasp (Hank Pym)
- Vision (Jonas)
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Ronin (Clint Barton)
- Red Skull (Johann Schmidt)
- Crossbones (Brock Rumlow)
- Sin (Synthia Schmidt)
- Dr. Doom (Victor von Doom)
- Arnim Zola
- Norman Osborn
- Victoria Hand
- H.A.M.M.E.R. agents
- Hydra (Only in flashback)
- Viper (Only in flashback)
- unnamed agents (Only in flashback)
- Baron Zemo (Heinrich Zemo) (Only in flashback)
- Bucky (Rick Jones) (Only in flashback)
- Infinite Avengers Mansion
- Hank Pym's lab
- New York City (Main story and flashback)
- English Channel Islands (1945) (Only in flashback)
- Doctor Doom's Armor
- Captain America's Shield (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America's Uniform (Main story and flashback)
- Black Widow's Gauntlets
- H.A.M.M.E.R. Mobile Data Collector
Synopsis for 1st story
The Red Skull, Sin and Crossbones arrive in Latveria. The latter punches a robot sent to greet them when it tries shaking the Skull's hand, prompting the Doombots to raise their weapons. They are escorted to Doom's inner sanctum, where Doctor Zola had reassembled the device meant to bring back Captain America.
Meanwhile, Cap has flashed to one of his battles against HYDRA, with Rick Jones as his Bucky. The reminder of his old partner still haunted him.
In the present, Osborn is at a press conference, confirming Sharon's surrender but refused to disclose any details to the press. This is being watched from a private jet, where Sharon is being held captive, with Victoria Hand keeping an eye on her. Sharon explains to the H.A.M.M.E.R. Deputy Director that she knows why.
At the Infinite Avengers Mansion, Reed Richards tells Hank Pym that the gun used by Sharon to kill Steve Rogers used tachyon particles and the unidentified nano-particles in her blood are linked. He also theorizes that Cap's body is somehow out-of-sync with their reality, which is why Sharon is the key to bringing him back. The Vision interrupts them, having received a secret message in his deep storage memory banks from Cap himself.
Elsewhere, Bucky, Black Widow and Ronin attack a H.A.M.M.E.R. mobile data collector, demanding to an intelligence agent as to Sharon's whereabouts.
Once Vision shows the message to the two scientists, Richards connects the dots, discerning that when Sharon destroyed the Skull's machine, it caused Rogers to be lost in time. The nano-particles in Sharon's bloodstream are chronal tracers, meant to draw Steve towards her. With this information, they can locate Sharon.
Meanwhile, Sharon is brought to Latveria, where she comes face-to-face with the Red Skull, who she thought she killed. They strap her and the Skull to the machine, as Sin tells the former that she loses again.
It is 1945, the English Channel Islands, when Cap and Bucky attempt to stop the Nazis and Baron Zemo from moving the drone plane armed with an explosive. Cap realizes that this is the same event at which he loses Bucky, they both get frozen and his sidekick becomes the Winter Soldier. Then suddenly, he is pulled through his entire life, before the Red Skull comes on top of him. By then, his physical form is brought back to its proper reality. However, it is not Steve Rogers who is in control, but the Red Skull.
Steve Rogers, the original Captain America - trapped in time! Bucky and Sharon Carter - in the hands of the enemy! As Dr. Doom and the Red Skull make a terrifying pact that could destroy what Captain America means forever! Ed Brubaker and Bryan Hitch bring you the penultimate issue of Marvel's event of the year!
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America: Reborn Vol 1 4 on the forums
- 7 Image(s) from Captain America: Reborn Vol 1 4
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|