Appearing in "You Can't Take It With You"
- Howling Commandos (Only in flashback)
- Sgt. Nick Fury (Main story and flashback)
- Dum Dum Dugan (Timothy Dugan) (Only in flashback)
- Izzy (Isadore Cohen) (Only in flashback)
- Percy (Percival Pinkerton) (Only in flashback)
- Reb (Robert Ralston) (Only in flashback)
- Dino (Dino Manelli) (Only in flashback)
- Gabe Jones (Gabriel Jones) (Only in flashback)
- Nazis (Only in flashback)
- George Patton (Mentioned)
- Douglas MacArthur (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Earth-616 (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "You Can't Take It With You"
Captain America narrates the moment he wakes up after being frozen and meeting the Avengers. After coming to grip with where he is and the time period he now finds himself in, Steve starts blaming himself for Bucky's death. While speaking with the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury, Steve recounts the time when he and Bucky teamed up with Fury and the Howling Commandos back when he was a Sergeant in the United States Army. The story correlates to when the pair first met the Howling Commandos and joined them on a mission by plane. While in the air the plane was shot down and this was the first time Steve thought he'd lose Bucky.
Appearing in "It Happened One Night"
- Adolf Hitler (Mentioned)
- Dick Tracy (Mentioned)
- James Buchanan (Mentioned)
- William Howard Taft (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "It Happened One Night"
Steve Rogers retells how James Barnes became Captain America's sidekick Bucky. Steve starts off how James first saw Captain America through American propaganda at the movie theater and how Bucky knew he'd be the one to win the war. Not soon after he details how James found out Steve was Captain America after accidentally stumbling into his tent while he was changing into costume. This revelation led to James' training to become Captain America's partner. After his training was over James was given his costume and chose his middle name "Bucky" as his superhero name which meant he was finally ready to join Captain America in the war effort.
Steve then recounts the two's first mission where they parachuted into enemy territory and how one small mistake could cast you your life. The two took on a band of Nazis who were moving explosives. The two handled them quick enough but during the fight a box of explosives caught fire and nearly could have killed either one. This led to Steve scolding Bucky that war isn't like the movies and that you need to be careful if you're going to survive. Which leads Steve to think that if he was harder with that message Bucky wouldn't have died during the war.
THE SUPERSTAR CREATIVE TEAM OF SPIDER-MAN: BLUE, HULK: GRAY, AND DAREDEVIL: YELLOW BRING THEIR MAGIC TO AMERICA’S #1 HERO
• From his re-awakening in the present day to his days on the battlefield during World War II, follow CAPTAIN AMERICA as he recalls a special mission during THE BIG ONE!
• It’s 1941 and the HOWLING COMMANDOS are just looking to kick back and relax....
• But CAP and BUCKY are about to make their night a whole lot worse!
• The EISNER AWARD-WINNING team of JEPH LOEB and TIM SALE reunite to tell a shocking story of CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY!
• Extra-sized issue featuring CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #0
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America: White Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 10 Image(s) from Captain America: White Vol 1 1
|Like this? Let us know!|