Appearing in "Who Calls Me a Traitor?"
Synopsis for "Who Calls Me a Traitor?"
At SHIELD HQ Cap helps Nick Fury test the new Dr. Ryder designed protecto-suit. Cap rejects Fury's suggestion to talk with Sharon and leaves. Later during an outdoor test, AIM attacks Fury and his SHIELD agents, having already developed a way to nullify the protecto-suits. After Ryder convinces Fury that Cap is the most likely suspect for betraying SHIELD; an agent calls Cap to warn him he's lost his clearance. Angered, Cap arrives at Fury's house and encounters an exiting Joe Robertson, who tells Cap that he is under suspicion. Fury visits Tony Stark to build X-4, an android that can test Cap, to reassure Fury that the man they've been dealing with is not an imposter. Summoned to SHIELD, Cap arrives eager for answers, but is forced to compete with X-4. Successfully calming Fury's fears, Cap is attacked again by X-4 but Fury can't stop it. Hoping to find who is controlling X-4, Sharon traces the radioactivity to Dr. Ryder, revealing him as the traitor. She drops a gas capsule, knocking him out, and deactivates X-4. Fury has suspected Dr. Ryder all along, but still stung by his treatment from his friends, Cap rejects their explanations and walks out.
If Cap has turned traitor—those who love him most must destroy him! And wait'll you see the deadly, super-powerful X-4!
- Captain America helps the Avengers fight the Lethal Legion in Avengers #78 and Avengers #79 shortly after this story.
- This issue is reprinted in Essential Captain America #3.
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Michael P. Drozdek, Bill Wray, Stuart Bracken, Neal Pozner, Paul Rawlings, Bill Cantey, and Joseph Jacouzzi.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 127 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 127
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #127 
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|