Appearing in "Bucky Reborn!"
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Main story and recap)
- The Hood (Baron Wolfgang von Strucker) (Identity revealed)
- Bucky ("James Barnes") (First appearance)
- Red Skull (Johann Shmidt) (Recap)
- Trapster (Peter Petruski) (Recap)
- Exiles (Recap)
- Bucky (James Barnes) (Photo)
- Nazi Germany (Mentioned)
- Baron Wolfgang von Strucker (Mentioned)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- United States of America (Main story and recap)
- Captain America's Shield (Main story and recap)
- Captain America's Uniform (Main story and recap)
- Paste-Gun (Recap)
Races and Species:
- World War II (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Bucky Reborn!"
The Hood decides that the best way to defeat Captain America is to use Bucky against him. He visits gyms until he finds an athlete that can pass for Bucky. He gets lucky and finds one that is a dead ringer for Bucky, and has amnesia, so might actually be Bucky. When Cap busts in on him brainwashing the athlete, the Hood reveals himself to be Baron Strucker and manages to overpower Cap using "Bucky" as a distraction. Before Strucker can kill Cap, "Bucky" snaps out of his trance, overpowers Strucker, and frees Cap.
The title tells it all - "Bucky Reborn!" - or does it? It doesn't even mention the last villain you ever expected to see!
- The Hood is revealed to be the deceased Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, killed in Strange Tales #158. It would be eventually revealed that this Baron Strucker is a robot created by Machinesmith in Captain America #247.
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from William Sweeney, Bruce Coville, Raymond Bergmeier, Fez Toi, and Nils Osmar.
- This issue also features an advertisement for Daredevil #69.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story #381Z.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 131 on the forums
- 2 Images from Captain America Vol 1 131
- 1 Reprints of Captain America Vol 1 131
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|