Appearing in "Hydra Over All!"Edit
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Hydra Over All!"Edit
Captain America, Nick Fury and the rest S.H.I.E.L.D. put on a faux mission to demonstrate a new female initiative called Femme Force that aims to train more female S.H.I.E.L.D. agents for the field. The mock battle is also an attempt at showing off some of the LMDs capabilities by posing them as fake Hydra agents. The entire show is enacted in the hopes of convincing the United States government to continue funding both the LMD and Femme Force programs.
Appearing in "The Falcon Fights Alone! Chapter Two"Edit
- "Big Mack" and another un-named drug dealer
- Ted Clarkson
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "The Falcon Fights Alone! Chapter Two"Edit
Solicit SynopsisThe most senses-stunning shocker yet! Cap and Falcon split up! And then - enter the hordes of Hydra!
- Chapter One: Hydra Over All
- Chapter Two: The Falcon Fights Alone!
- In "The Falcon Fights Alone! Chapter Two":
- only the last panel is drawn by Romita.
- only the last panel is lettered by Simek.
- Backgrounds may have been done by Tony Mortellaro.
- In this issue, the Falcon debuts his new red costume.
- In this issue, Femme-Force, an all female special S.H.I.E.L.D. combat unit, debuts.
- Captain America helps the Avengers fight Ares in Avengers 98-100 shortly after this story.
- This issue has no letters page. Note that last issue, with its increased page count, had a 2 page letters page. Probably the reduced page count from last issue to this 32 page one led to the letters page omission. In this editor's opinion, it appears that this issue may have been designed for an expanded page count. The issue is broken into chapters and ends abruptly and choppily on the last story page.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 144 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 144
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #144 
|Like this? Let us know!|