Appearing in "Captain America -- Hero or Hoax?"
- Captain America (William Burnside) (Revealed to be the Captain America of the 1950's)
- Bucky (Jack Monroe) (Revealed to be the Bucky of the 1950's)
- Cal Trimble (Steve Roger's landlord)
- Leila Taylor
- Rafe Michel
- New York Police Department
- Laura Brown (Mentioned)
- Louie the Eel (Mentioned)
- Morgan (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Captain America -- Hero or Hoax?"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Cap vs. Nick Fury! Sharon quits Shield! While the Falcon - well, wait and see!
- Preliminary art for this issue's cover was done by Marie Severin.
- Steve Englehart begins his long tenure as Captain America scribe in this issue. He will continue as writer until Captain America #186.
- Steve Englehart has noted that the plot concept of the 1950's Captain America and Bucky were ideas from Roy Thomas. Captain America IV and Jack Monroe (Bucky) were last seen in Captain America #78 (1954).
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story # 910Z.
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Josephy Randisi, Robert A. Gillis and John Roemer.
- Jack Monroe, the misguided Bucky in this issue, will later become Captain America's partner in Captain America #284.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 153 on the forums
- 1 Images from Captain America Vol 1 153
- 1 Reprints of Captain America Vol 1 153
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #153 
|Like this? Let us know!|