Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
.. If I'm going to be your partner, I have to be something more than a costumed athlete.
Appearing in "When a Legend Dies!"
- Slick (First appearance)
- Spats (First appearance)
- Secret Empire
- Black Panther (T'Challa)
- Red Skull (Appears on screen)
- Doctor Faustus (Appears on screen)
- Captain America (William Burnside) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Black Panther's Trans-Atlantic Ship
Synopsis for "When a Legend Dies!"
- Synopsis not yet written
- Plot by Englehart, script (story pages) by Englehart pages 1-9 (issue pages 1-15) and Friedrich pages 10-19 (issue pages 16-32).
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Jetter pages 1-19.
- Tumbler's identity is revealed for the first time in this issue. The Tumbler was last seen in Tales of Suspense Vol 1 83.
- This is the first full appearance of Quentin Harderman, although he was shown speaking to the Viper in Captain America Vol 1 163.
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Carl Masterson, George Heidekat, Charles Hoffman, and Mr. and Mrs. J. MacDonald.
- This issue is reprinted in the trade paperback Secret Empire.
- Committee to Regain America's Principles abbreviates to CRAP and originally the panel presenting its name lined up the first letters to be read like that. However Roy Thomas had it altered. The Committee's name is a reference to real-life Committee for the Re-Election of the President which was often mockingly abbreviated as CREEP.
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America Vol 1 169