Appearing in "When a Legend Dies!"
- Slick (First appearance)
- Spats (First appearance)
- Secret Empire
- Black Panther (T'Challa)
- Red Skull (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Doctor Faustus (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Captain America (William Burnside) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Black Panther's Trans-Atlantic Ship
Synopsis for "When a Legend Dies!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Plot by Englehart, script (story pages) by Englehart pages 1-9 (issue pages 1-15) and Friedrich pages 10-19 (issue pages 16-32).
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Jetter pages 1-19.
- Tumbler's identity is revealed for the first time in this issue. The Tumbler was last seen in Tales of Suspense #83.
- This is the first full appearance of Quentin Harderman, although he was shown speaking to the Viper in Captain America #163.
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Carl Masterson, George Heidekat, Charles Hoffman, and Mr. and Mrs. J. MacDonald.
- This issue is reprinted in the trade paperback Secret Empire.
- Committee to Regain America's Principles abbreviates to CRAP and originally the panel presenting its name lined up the first letters to be read like that. However Roy Thomas had it altered. The Committee's name is a reference to real-life Committee for the Re-Election of the President which was often mockingly abbreviated as CREEP.
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #169 
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- Steve Englehart (July 2011). “I Think [Having Been An Artist] Gave Me An Edge In Writing Comics”, Alter Ego #103.
|Like this? Let us know!|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.